Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

Nice pictures IWX and Blue.

Storms were definitely photogenic today. Something I haven't seen much of this year so far.

UGN the cool spot tonight at 68°. I think you found the place with the highest dewpoints in the world, Cyclone!

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help but be amazed by some of the extreme moisture levels that are being reported on the other side of the planet.  Some of the obs coming out of the Persian Gulf area are just sick.  

Check out the latest ob from Abumusa Island (OIBA)...

91/90/133.  1/4 mile in dense fog.  The island sits right out in the middle of the Persian Gulf.  Seems legit as well, as many other sites surrounding it have 86-88 dews.  Just incredible.

EDIT:  I can't imagine what it would be like to have dense fog and 91 degree temps.  That's freaking incredible.

Dews

whjo5l.jpg

Can't imagine what a 90 degree dewpoint feels like.

In Midwestern Ontario most of the day was overcast with rain/mist. It was moderately humid. It cleared out moreso about 6:45 pm and then some brilliant cloud formations were seen. The complex was moving quickly and it was as if there was a hole ripped out of the overcast layer right near where the sun was setting and inside you could see another shelf like formation and then the real blue sky. The overcast layer blended in with the clear sky somehow (meaning I couldn't tell where the cloudiness started and ended). Never seen anything like it before, wish I had a high end camera to capture it and the High Dynamic Contrast. Nearly the same time that was ongoing I saw a tower go up to my east/a bit to my south.

I'm becoming very jealous of the severe weather down in Ohio Valley and parts of the Midwest, sounds to me like many are seeing more storms and action in a week than I have in 3 years.

Cool info about the dewpoints on the other side of the globe cyclone, sounds like an experience.

Am I correct in remembering that you have a bunch of fields next to your place?

Directly across the main road is developed now but there are corn fields probably 500 feet away. My own garden is probably contributing a little too.

There is another PWS on the other side of town with a DP of 85. Feels like 118. :axe:

Directly across the main road is developed now but there are corn fields probably 500 feet away. My own garden is probably contributing a little too.

There is another PWS on the other side of town with a DP of 85. Feels like 118. :axe:

Dew of 79 at LAF.  Hasn't been an 80 there yet this year.

Heat advisory could probably be dropped for Lake County too. SE wind still blowing, still in the 70s. Convection building this direction also. 

Actually it's not too bad of a day at all.

marine airmass just now starting to weaken considerably but we should remain no the more stable side of the boundary

marine airmass just now starting to weaken considerably but we should remain no the more stable side of the boundary

Really nice tower going up in Mchenry county right now. Anvils will put a lid on the sunshine soon.

Dew has actually dropped back to 73 here.  Looks like some subsidence from that dying convection to the south has mixed out the BL somewhat.  Dews have actually dipped back into the low 70s over southeast IA/west-central IL because of this.  The cu here has actually been on the decrease in the last half hour because of this.  Kind of interesting.  

Dews should recover some though as the cold front approaches later this afternoon/evening.  

The squall line passed to the north, but looking ahead I might get some storm action again later tonight. All I got in my neighborhood was a brief downpour, which dropped the temperature about 10 degrees. Winds picked up when it got sunny about 30 mins ago. 83/74/90 atm imby with winds around 15mph, gusting over 20. It's still muggy, but way nicer than earlier!!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Archived