joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm that came through last night was rocking. Awesome thunder and lightning. Lots of flooding in my county. Many secondary roads closed. First time in 20yrs creek by house crested hill and made it to my fence. Did get tornado warning for cell about 8 miles south of me. No confirmation of touch down.

Thought this was a cool picture of the warmest day of the year on average

US-Warmest-Day-of-the-Year-Map.jpg?itok=

That is really cool! Interesting that right along the lake here there is pockets of July 16-20th color.

Very nice out there tonight. Nice and breezy from the northeast. High of 78° early afternoon. Down near 60° now.

Even though the high of 83F was still a degree below normal, due to a mild low (67), yesterday squeaked out a departure of +1F at DTW. This is the first not cooler than normal day since June 23, when the departure was also +1F. Once again feels like a breezy September morning. We look to finally see a few legit warmer than normal days this weekend, but still what a refreshing summer!

bottomed out at 43 here.  usual cold spot in the central UP is Doe Lake, sitting at 35... brrr

I wonder what their growing season is typically.

Probably can't grow too many vegetables/annuals at Doe Lake! 

Hit 57° here.

I wonder too. It's an extremely remote area so I doubt it affects too many. Lots of upper 30's and low 40's this summer for me. My potted plants look awful

Killing frost incoming for some UP residents. To me... July 15th is the peak of summer too.

Archived