joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got 0.15" of rain today... but you'd expect it was more based on the roads. Everything's pretty well saturated... the next week is gonna be interesting. Flood-wise, first it was Oklahoma... then Texas... Illinois, now Missouri. Someone posted above that some places near Indianapolis got >5" today. It seems like Mother Nature is deliberately flooding the lower Midwest region. The only states left are Indiana and Ohio. What a crazy (swampy) warm season it's been so far.

Northern parts of Indiana and Ohio got absolutely swamped in that big June low with every river around major or past it

This is near IND:

0400 PM HEAVY RAIN 1 W PLAINFIELD 39.70N 86.41W

07/07/2015 M5.42 INCH HENDRICKS IN COCORAHS

RAINFALL OVER THE PAST 4 HOURS HAS CREATED FLOODING

RESULTING IN SWIFTLY MOVING WATER. RAIN IS CONTINUING TO

FALL.

that was an impressive rain train that set up yesterday afternoon over central IN.   

jesus dude

It's the worst. Amazing how this area just continues to get pummeled. And there's no let up in sight.

On the other hand, with the rain and clouds today, temps should stay in the 60's all day. Kind of amazing for July 8th.

The 4km barely dumps a half inch there...probably wrong though.

Totally wrong. 12z RGEM is south and the 12km NAM is west/northwest of here with the heaviest totals. Both also wrong. :lol:

I'll go with the consensus of the 12z NMM, ARW, GFS, Ukie, and GGEM which all hit IKK really hard.

Totally wrong. 12z RGEM is south and the 12km NAM is west/northwest of here with the heaviest totals. Both also wrong. :lol:

I'll go with the consensus of the 12z NMM, ARW, GFS, Ukie, and GGEM which all hit IKK really hard.

RAP and HRRR aren't too extreme (looks like an inch or less). I guess we'll see.

RAP and HRRR aren't too extreme (looks like an inch or less). I guess we'll see.

Yeah, I've been watching them. But when you've been batting 1.000 since June in heavy rain events...you toss the models that are on the lighter side of things. :lol:

Yeah, I've been watching them. But when you've been batting 1.000 since June in heavy rain events...you toss the models that are on the lighter side of things. :lol:

There was that one event that really didn't pan out (like June 24 or so)...maybe this will be another.

heaviest looks to say south of IKK which should stay under 1"

:lol:

There was that one event that really didn't pan out (like June 24 or so)...maybe this will be another.

Yeah, you're right...still got 0.74" from that though. Trust me, I'd take a repeat of that event in a heartbeat.

16z HRRR finally figures it out and has brought the heavy rain overtop IKK with 2"+ totals. Game, set, match.

Hoping the best for ya. Working property insurance, I know how awful water backups can be.

I appreciate it. :)

I think all I do anymore is complain about the weather, for which I apologize to everyone. Problem is my parents are in their 70's and aren't really "in shape" to deal with a flooding basement. After 38 years of living in their house, it's the first time they battled a leaky basement. But I guess that's what a historic June will do. I only wish the train tracks would get moved from this area, but it just stays in place. I'm pretty concerned about tonight to be honest. Water table is still pretty high, and an additional 2"+ is not going to help things.

17z HRRR bullseyes IKK, of course. You can't make this sh*t up anymore. :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  

Dry northeasterly flow is going to eat into the leading edge of the rain shield for sure. Clouds have gotten thicker up this way though.

Good luck to those facing another round of flooding rains! Would be nice if the train tracks shifted somewhere else for a change. North of this area could handle the rain better.

Archived