• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

RST observation: KRST 070154Z 36006KT 1 1/2SM FU SCT032 17/14 A2997 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 2 1/2 SLP145 T01670139

(Smoke, 1.5 mile visibility)

Looks like NE IL in for another soaking tonight. 0.45" of rain so far today.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The smoke is collecting behind the cold front. Sounds like the drier air mass is acting to pull it down.

That's probably one of the most interesting SWSs I've seen

I see 2 possible 90 degree days in my 10 day forecast... it's frustrating that we could hit 90 so easily in June, but so hard to come by in July. Oh well.

Just surpassed the 4" mark here. 

Holy smokes, dude!  I had no idea you were getting this much rain.

Over here this system was the repeat of the last several systems.... rather than a dry day followed by heavy convection blowing up later in the afternoon, the morning convection spoiled it.  I got the light to moderate remnants of the central Iowa complex, finishing with only 0.36".  Then, the later convection was all south and east.

Holy smokes, dude!  I had no idea you were getting this much rain.

Over here this system was the repeat of the last several systems.... rather than a dry day followed by heavy convection blowing up later in the afternoon, the morning convection spoiled it.  I got the light to moderate remnants of the central Iowa complex, finishing with only 0.36".  Then, the later convection was all south and east.

Yeah, one of the heaviest rain events I've seen.   Just when the grass was starting to slow down in it's ridiculous growth rate lol.

That's a better/bigger total than most of your snow events from the past couple of winters. ;)

:lmao:  Ha, yep.

Up to 4.19".  A few showers to go, but we're winding her down finally from the looks of things.

Another very heavy downpour, and also quite windy.  Wow, what an impressive event. 

Think we're seeing the development of an MCV just north of here.  Could have some impact on severe potential downstream for tomorrow.

HRRR really isn't that impressive tomorrow... only 1000-1500 SBCAPE with a messy cluster of showers/storms. I don't see a slight risk coming for me. Will probably get a good amount of rain though

The June-July totals could be massive in some areas, especially if we get one of those prolonged slow moving/stalled frontal regimes.

Yeah there's a good chance the same areas will get impacted again as the new ring of fire sets back up.  With such wet soils in place over a large area it's going to be hard to get a good heat dome this far north and east, which means many of the same areas will end up in the battle ground area where all the heavy rains occur. 

These ankle biting showers that are lingering overhead continue to dump bursts of decent rainfall.  Over 4.6" now, and could give 5" a run if we get another good downpour.

Things dying as the head your way. Maybe a quick burst but hopefully nothing absurd.

Nothing absurd here overnight. Gauge had 0.46" of rain, and probably will tack on a smidge more with the -RA currently. We can take these kind of rainfalls. :D 

Archived