joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just starting to rain. Not seeing a roll cloud or anything in Racine at least. Going to be a close call for the warmest day of the year at UGN today. Lot of debris clouds in back of this line.

A CoCoRAHS observer in St Croix County, Wisconsin (east of the Twin Cities) got 7.3" in 24 hours. A spotter in State Center, Iowa (near Marshalltown) got 6.4" of rain in 24 hours. Report was at 1816z. The DMX radar storm-total estimation is about 3" or more, just north of Des Moines. Yet another soaker for Iowa.

edit:

---

0630 AM     FLASH FLOOD      5 NNW RIVER FALLS       44.92N 92.67W  07/06/2015                   ST. CROIX          WI   TRAINED SPOTTER                  WATER OUT OF DRAINAGE DITCH AND OVER ROAD ON               COULEE TRAIL ONE HALF MILE E OF HWY 35. SIGN               WASHED OUT. 7.17" OF RAIN MEASURED.   

Completely agree, it is just a lawn. Those types that don't let you walk on the grass are just horrible.

The only time anyone should care if someone walks on their lawn is if it was just seeded and you have saturated soil. 

I seeded a section of my lawn after a pipe was replaced about 6 years ago. The ground was saturated and a kid put his foot in it. The ground was soft enough that his shoe fell off when he tried to pull his foot out. That was about my only "god dammit kid" moment with my lawn.

Yeah, honestly I think weeds have more character than a lawn of just grass.

It's a reflection of a lazy homeowner.

If you don't want to deal with a lawn, pay a crew $25 a week to deal with it... or live in a more rural area.

never going to happen, it's the worst way on earth to live. Pretty good chance i'll move to a small town in the countryside somewhere when i'm old though

A give a nod to crazy suburban lawn lovers because they have fed my family for years...but my lawn is prolly the worst on the block lol

Small town America is a pretty solid lifestyle...I spend most weekends doing this and without a doubt it is adding months onto my life from a chill aspect. Weather watching is more fun too. I'll be your neighbor a couple miles down the road when you're ready lol

Archived