Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 22-23 Severe Weather Outbreak

Stebo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give it about 60-90 minutes - it is shifting S/SE ward. I can see blue breaks in the distance from my office in the burbs

The rain is pretty much thinning out as it moves ESE, so I doubt it will be much when it arrives. It's warm and muggy and a hell of a lot brighter then previously here. I'm looking forward to what's coming.

Feels like the tropics out there now.

Sun starting to burn through the last bit of clouds.

wisgif32.gif

On a side note, it is cool seeing the CU up north of Winnipeg. Lack of clouds over the lakes up there.

I give it about 60-90 minutes - it is shifting S/SE ward.  I can see blue breaks in the distance from my office in the burbs

Well, you are not far from me at all. so I will take your word from it.  I have the high school across the street, and the trees blocking my view to the west/southwest.... 

I have to agree with Quincy's thinking as well.  Although Alek might have been a bit off on the cloud cover issue he was right on the MCS pushing things farther south and west which seems likely to be the case at least with early development later on today.

i won't even concede on the cloud cover, i mean technically 15 minutes of filtered sun counts as some sun but the new canopy from the IA convection is already pushing into LOT's western CWA.

Reports coming in that Portland, Michigan (Ionia County) was hit by a tornado. Reports of numerous houses damaged and people even potentially trapped.

Source: Local media still calling it possible tornado but eyewitness accounts say damage is abundant.

Reports coming in that Portland, Michigan (Ionia County) was hit by a tornado. Reports of numerous houses damaged and people even potentially trapped.

Source: Local media still calling it possible tornado but eyewitness accounts say damage is abundant.

I looked back on Radarscope... there wasn't a rotation. But who knows, maybe it happened below the radar beam (~2.5k ft)

There was some weak rotation heading away from that area by my oldest radar scan (around 1450).

Archived