• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 22-23 Severe Weather Outbreak

Stebo

Yet another time waste tracking this event.

Well at least I didn't check the SPC page until late Saturday night so less time was wasted, I should have passed on the check and pretended that 2015 isn't valid (and now I know it isn't!).

I hate Chicago severe weather.. I really, really hate Chicago severe weather.

What Chicago severe weather?  :mellow:

The point about only a OK on a Wednesday bang and the Rochelle EF4 tornado is spot on, just a sad joke.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30/20 probs btw.. lmao. Pretty low-end...

Probability of 2 or more tornadoes 

Mod (30%)

Probability of 1 or more strong (F2-F5) tornadoes

Low (20%)

Wind

Probability of 10 or more severe wind events

Mod (40%)

Probability of 1 or more wind events > 65 knots

Mod (30%)

Hail

Probability of 10 or more severe hail events

Mod (30%)

Probability of 1 or more hailstones > 2 inches

Mod (30%)

Combined Severe Hail/Wind

Probability of 6 or more combined severe hail/wind events

High (80%)

Over 40kft north of Waterloo now as well.  Mid 70 degree dews fairly widespread now.  Even north of the OFB in northern IL we have low 70s.  Steep lapse rates overhead.  It's still looking pretty good to me.  

and the stuff west of QC finally has a nice north flow to it...advection looking good

Would expect to see a SVR warning on that cell S of DMX... looking better now on reflectivity, and VIL, and even has some possible rotation on SRM.

EDIT: Also appears that there is some stuff TRYING to pop up on the CF in IA... struggling thus far though..

Meanwhile, with the wake low or whatever...

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  431 PM CDT MON JUN 22 2015     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    0330 PM     NON-TSTM WND DMG SANDWICH                41.65N 88.62W   06/22/2015                   DE KALB            IL   LAW ENFORCEMENT                 SANDWICH POLICE DEPARTMENT WITHOUT POWER. POWERLINES DOWN              ALONG JOLES STREET, 300 E. COLLEGE, CASTLE AND ARNOLD,               WATER AND WOLF.   

Archived