Stebo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow....

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL
941 AM CDT MON JUN 22 2015

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0938 AM     TSTM WND DMG     MENOMINEE               42.47N 90.54W
06/22/2015                   JO DAVIESS         IL   LAW ENFORCEMENT

MENOMINEE FIRE HOUSE BLOWN OVER BY STRONG WINDS

The wake low winds earlier this morning over southwest MN/northwest IA are the most impressive I've ever seen.  Numerous reports of 65-75mph wind gusts.  I think I read somewhere it was actually perhaps a descending rear-inflow jet.  Either way whatever it was that has to be some of the most impressive non-thunderstorm wind gusts associated with an MCS that we've seen in these parts.

Agreed...more used to seeing maybe 50-60 mph.

Looks like the mcs as a whole is starting to disappate, even the rain itself is dying off in IA a bit.

Liking the potential for this to lay a boundary down for new storms to touch off. Right along 80.

The weakening state was expected but it's still a large MCS with a well defined MCV and extensive cloud shield. visible still showing clouds with towers back west of Des Moines. We have a longs ways to go before re-loading is on the table.

The weakening state was expected but it's still a large MCS with a well defined MCV and extensive cloud shield. visible still showing clouds with towers back west of Des Moines. We have a longs ways to go before re-loading is on the table.

Absolutely. However I think it's a bit better for redevelopment later than the alternative which is a full fledged MCS and rain shield blasting through.

Archived