Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 22-23 Severe Weather Outbreak

Stebo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80MPH wind gusts mentioned on the severe thunderstorm warning in northwest IL, not to mention the impressive radar display it's putting up.

Got up early to close up the umbrella on the patio table before the storms; last time we had a big wind event, the umbrella was lifted up and out, shattering the glass table and breaking the umbrella. Just got a new table yesterday & I'd like to make this one last...

One possible scenario from the MCS is trailing outflow/cold pool sets up near or perhaps a bit SW of the IL/WI border. Then one might want to watch the northern fringe of stronger instability and how that lines up with outflow/cold front intersection. HRRR seems to like that right near the state-line, where the NAM is slightly further south into IL.

they extended the watch pretty far south but southward movement of the line has been a bit slow. Either way, looks good for MBY north to Wisconsinwx

EDIT: the 48 hr radar loop of the MCS is sick

Given current

orientation the 80 to 88 corridor could have some hydro issues as well....pwat levels really rampin up

The wake low winds earlier this morning over southwest MN/northwest IA are the most impressive I've ever seen.  Numerous reports of 65-75mph wind gusts.  I think I read somewhere it was actually perhaps a descending rear-inflow jet.  Either way whatever it was that has to be some of the most impressive non-thunderstorm wind gusts associated with an MCS that we've seen in these parts.

The wake low winds earlier this morning over southwest MN/northwest IA are the most impressive I've ever seen.  Numerous reports of 65-75mph wind gusts.  I think I read somewhere it was actually perhaps a descending rear-inflow jet.  Either way whatever it was that has to be some of the most impressive non-thunderstorm wind gusts associated with an MCS that we've seen in these parts.

i feel like we have seen a couple high quality wake low events in the region over the past 5 years or so. I'm sure some of our crew with better memories will remember the specifics but yeah, impressive

Archived