Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 22-23 Severe Weather Outbreak

Stebo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The garbage back through Iowa has me concerned, as that could be enough persistent cloudiness that we don't adequately recover. But in theory, we should have plenty of time, with this MCS cruising. We shall see.

Looks like the area north of there in Iowa is starting to clear out.

Will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on an upgrade in the 1630z outlook.  Seems like a fair amount of uncertainty yet but at some point you have to forecast and not just nowcast. 

I see no reason to upgrade.

If anything I would think the enhanced area ends up being cut smaller.

Thing is, we have over 50 severe reports just since 12z with several significant wind reports and will probably tack on more in the near term.  I know the outlooks are valid from the time they are issued but considering this, and the possibility/likelihood of additional activity later in roughly the same zone, it could turn out, in hindsight, that a moderate risk would've been appropriate.  Maybe it's subjective.

If we get an upgrade, then forget everything I said lol

post-14-0-10247300-1434991135_thumb.png

Thing is, we have over 50 severe reports just since 12z with several significant wind reports and will probably tack on more in the near term.  I know the outlooks are valid from the time they are issued but considering this, and the possibility/likelihood of additional activity later in roughly the same zone, it could turn out, in hindsight, that a moderate risk would've been appropriate.  Maybe it's subjective.

If we get an upgrade, then forget everything I said lol

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

I'm not sure if Im the only one who still think we should get a moderate haha. If we could get those extreme winds from the MCS, I think it almost points to the setup being on point as long as these could get out of here by around 1 pm (which they should easily)

Archived