CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sunning myself in Coney Island and can verify the sea breeze broke through at 2:03PM but never became too strong, just annoying enough to forget about tanning further in just a bathing suit, which I had been doing for 90mins.  On Sat. the wind was from the west, preventing the sea breeze from coming in to play, but temps. stayed in upper 50's and I never got into my bathing suit.   Also I put my feet in the water and it seemed way warmer than the 42degs. being reported on a CI Tides/Weather site.   Looks like a thin sliver of bn. temps along coast, while the GS is an. way off shore.

The nearshore water can be a little warmer just with the heating of the day espeically if there isnt a lot of surf churning the water.

It looks like the water close to shore is a little bit warmer than where the buoys are.  ..Check out that good stuff out in the hudson canyon. would be nice if we could get a gulf stream eddie to break off and crash ashore.

post-5412-0-93578000-1428944617_thumb.jp

post-5412-0-90738400-1428944643_thumb.pn

Today is warm and well above average but it's nothing to what it could be. We've seen mid 90s in April before so mid 70s is nothing to celebrate especially since we might not see that again for a while. 

We will definitely be above normal especially after today and I still believe we'll be above normal for the month.

Today is warm and well above average but it's nothing to what it could be. We've seen mid 90s in April before so mid 70s is nothing to celebrate especially since we might not see that again for a while.

We will definitely be above normal especially after today and I still believe we'll be above normal for the month.

Not everywhere it never cracked the 50s on the south shore. It's nice here in Manhattan though. I'm aure the fog is or has rolled in by my house

Figures this record +NAO stretch would at least temporarily relax just in time for late April.

attachicon.gifnao.sprd2.gif

attachicon.gifecmwf-ens_z500a_nhem_11.png

It does look like some pretty nice blocking might try to develop with troughing in the Northeast. Perhaps NYC can see a few more nights in the lower 40s and maybe one in the 30s during the closing week of April.

I remember a few years ago we had a heatwave April 14-17 2002 in Central Park high of 97...that was a pretty brutal summer, thank Goodness we are looking at a relatively normal summer as it stands something like last year. Also there are exactly 67 days until the days start getting shorter and than obviously summer begins. I just hope we don't get a brutal summer those are annoying, last year was nice! I'll take the same again but on average cooler would be better!

I remember a few years ago we had a heatwave April 14-17 2002 in Central Park high of 97...that was a pretty brutal summer, thank Goodness we are looking at a relatively normal summer as it stands something like last year. Also there are exactly 67 days until the days start getting shorter and than obviously summer begins. I just hope we don't get a brutal summer those are annoying, last year was nice! I'll take the same again but on average cooler would be better!

Actually it was the 16th thru the 19th with high temps here of 91,96,91 and 91...really incredible for the time of year.

Archived