Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderator feel free to delete but it pertains this mornings thunderstorm. I'm driving to work this morning and I see lightning literally everywhere and the storm moves out I get out, only to come back to a car that won't start. I never had a problem with the car, could be a first but do you think the lightning strike had anything to do with the car not starting? Had to tow it to the dealer...i think this mornings thunder and lightning cell went severe at one point! Very interesting event!

Moderator feel free to delete but it pertains this mornings thunderstorm. I'm driving to work this morning and I see lightning literally everywhere and the storm moves out I get out, only to come back to a car that won't start. I never had a problem with the car, could be a first but do you think the lightning strike had anything to do with the car not starting? Had to tow it to the dealer...i think this mornings thunder and lightning cell went severe at one point! Very interesting event!

that turned out to be the heaviest event of this week long deal....cold front looks to have some sprinkles

Guest Pamela

So far this year at Upton the highest temperature recorded was 60 F....it hasn't been out of the 40's since Tuesday. 

However, a significant warm up is basically a certainty from here on out...

1966 had it's first 70 degree day on 4/25...May 1966 had some cold days during the first half of the  month...record lows around the 10th...no heat until June in 1966 but when it came it was very hot for a long time...this year could be a second year nino summer...2nd year analogs look warm except near the northern part of the country including the NYC area...

post-343-0-24349200-1428770877_thumb.png

These are some of my favorite spring days, comfortable temps with a strong breeze and sunshine.

There's no need to rush the heat because it'll be here before you know it. I'm fine if it doesn't get out of the 60s for the rest of the month.

Agree. Would be nice if we finally got a somewhat normal progression. I'm all in favor of keeping the 80s away until the second half of May. 60s/70s and sunny are beautiful.

NYC needs to make it past April 20th with no 70 degree readings to join the latest 70 of spring club since 1940.

Latest first 70 degree readings of spring for NYC since 1940

5/5/40...only May date

4/28/56

4/26/84

4/25/66

4/23/83

4/23/53

4/21/57

I think NYC has a good chance at making it onto that list.

I think NYC has a good chance at making it onto that list.

Tomorrow looks to be the warmest day of the next 7-10 day period so if NYC can avoid 70F tomorrow then they'll likely make that list.

Also if models are correct tomorrow could be one of if not the warmest day for the rest of this month. Looks like a trough gets established sometime late next week in the east.

Tomorrow looks to be the warmest day of the next 7-10 day period so if NYC can avoid 70F tomorrow then they'll likely make that list.

Also if models are correct tomorrow could be one of if not the warmest day for the rest of this month. Looks like a trough gets established sometime late next week in the east.

Exactly. Tomorrow is probably the closest they will come to 70° for awhile.

I too haven't hit the mark, but I have a feeling I will tomorrow.

Archived