wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Cambridge and back today. 55 in Cambridge and Belmont was delightful. Snow pack in parts of E MA is decimated.

Drove through some torrential downpours on RT 2 on the ride home.

Got home to see we had .4" rain here. High of 45F.

Currently 37/34. Fog and drizzle. Snow pack not too badly hit today. About 70% snow cover. Still 6"+ in much of the yard but sunny areas of the yard and exposed parts of the neighborhood are bare. Still snow on the roof. Downtown Greenfield and surrounding neighborhoods are down to 50% cover or less with more shaded yards still at 6" or so.

So our wave model has been throwing in some pretty weird zeroes the last few weeks just off the southern ME coast. Nobody could figure out the problem.

Today we finally found out that the wave model has been treating areas in an around Portland as solid ice (thus no wave forecast). That's how cold the water is right now.

So our wave model has been throwing in some pretty weird zeroes the last few weeks just off the southern ME coast. Nobody could figure out the problem.

Today we finally found out that the wave model has been treating areas in an around Portland as solid ice (thus no wave forecast). That's how cold the water is right now.

Today was the first day since January I saw open water on the Charles River...pretty unbelievable. It looked like it broke up overnight last night...still a lot of ice today, but usually once it opens up the remaining ice should be gone by the weekend. I was wondering if it would last until April....not quite.

Enjoy the fog through June.

Today was the first day since January I saw open water on the Charles River...pretty unbelievable. It looked like it broke up overnight last night...still a lot of ice today, but usually once it opens up the remaining ice should be gone by the weekend. I was wondering if it would last until April....not quite.

Ct River at French King Bridge went from almost full ice cover to almost free flowing in three days this week. Amazing how quickly it happens although there are still many ice flows. Today may have been the last day of ice fishing on Barton Cove.

Ashfield Lake Association said that this was the last weekend of snow machines on the lake. lol

Ct River at French King Bridge went from almost full ice cover to almost free flowing in three days this week. Amazing how quickly it happens although there are still many ice flows. Today may have been the last day of ice fishing on Barton Cove.

Ashfield Lake Association said that this was the last weekend of snow machines on the lake. lol

Yeah usually rivers go quickly...Charles doesn't flow as fast as some others, so there was still quite a bit of land-fast ice in it...but I'd say it was a good 40-50% thawed today. Perhaps some ice will survive the weekend. I guess I'll find out on Monday on a train commute in, lol.

Archived