• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

We, as a species, have developed "bigger and better" ways to off oneself over the years.

In the 1970's a gunman would climb a tower and start shooting.

Evolved into takingout a school/classroom

Now planes...

No other species does this.

The Malaysia flight last year could have been a suicide as well, but we will never know

Does anyone in their right mind ever really want to fly ...knowing that to err is human?   

The growing body of evidence suggests the jet-liner crash in Europe was deliberate - okay, but who didn't wonder.  

Between Malaysia's recent history and this, clearly ... more evidence that humanity cannot handle the technology they, themselves, have evolved.  It's a great irony, if perhaps a dark one. 

I don't get it, tho.  Ever couple-a hundred years or so, some super genius ... advances things by a leap and bound, then...immediately within decades, special interest groups (usually keyed into the abstraction of religious extremism and/or deeply wounded political agenda), or perhaps just the rogue malcontent, utilizes those advancement in a WMD campaign...  

I almost imagine the first ever genius, a protohominid,  realizing that the fire is not a dancing evil spirit; if one captures the non-burning end of that burning stick, they can actually cook meat, sterilize, ward off lions and predators.  Whooooa!

Then, the rest of tribe not getting proverbially laid because they didn't discover the fire, burns the forest down...

Can you imagine real humanity with transporter technology -- think Star Trek?? "Terrifying" would be put back into the definition of terrorism.  Someone doesn't like you, they transport you into outer space and spread your atoms across oblivion.  And... people don't like you because of THEM, not because of anything you actually did -- that's the deliciously evil aspect of this piece of ..crap species we are all a part of...  

I just wonder what the real evolution of humanity has in store... because present era is repeatedly and ever more elaborately proving, surviving this technological infancy has a growing macabre price-tag in mortality. That's not paranoid holocaust talk; that's German Nationalists nose-diving air buses ...killing en masse to make a point that wouldn't possibly resonate to anyone outside a very finite sphere of insanity. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrorism is usually defined by having political motives. A guy who just goes batsh** crazy and goes on a killing spree isn't considered terrorism. If this pilot just did this on his own with no real political motive, then they wouldn't classify it as terrorism.

Semantics...yes. Still a terrible act either way.

it's just humanity creating boundaries and definitions to sort out chaos, like they do in every introspection and analaysis. Unfortunately, mere semantics or not... nature doesn't work that way.  

I think the subject matter is over complicated by those trying to instill ...any kind of logic into a set of actions that don't really have any -- because the world is a scary place when things don't otherwise make any sense at all.  

Killing innocence to make any point should have one definition, period. 

Horrible now. Nice in summer.

Indeed, very nice in the summer! If the snow season is finished, I thrive on back door cold fronts, sheet drizzle, and cooler temps. If it could stay like that from April to November, I would be in heaven. I just don't like temps over 50. Maybe I would be more at home if I moved to Labrador or Newfoundland.

Just called Brian at Blue Hill.  Had 13" this morning, so last day at 12" pretty much.  They Broke the record by 1 Inch in Saturday's little thingy, which gave just over 1 Inch.  Got Bare to 20".  I'm at Bare to 12".  My official depth went from 12" Yesterday, my last 12" hwich stood at 57 Days, to 9" today.  Don't want to let go yet!  

Will, Worcester done at 12" I'd imagine too?  

I don't even know how you can judge that snowpack. There is still quite a bit down my way. Someone could report near 20, someone 5.

Easy for me.....I have a colva sack in my development that is protected from wind and not overly exposed to the sun owed to some shrubbery, yet receives it's share of sun.....pretty even distribution of numbers near the middle of the range of my envelop of measurements.

Easy for me.....I have a colva sack in my development that is protected from wind and not overly exposed to the sun owed to some shrubbery, yet receives it's share of sun.....pretty even distribution of numbers near the middle of the range of my envelop of measurements.

Yeah, sounds like you have a good spot....and you also take good obs and "get it" when it comes to the nuances of snowpack measurement. However, I don't think everyone gets that like you do.

Man, it's not easy with this weather and a 2 yr old..lol. Earlier I felt bad and just wanted it to melt because he wanted to play...but I have to admit...it's pretty cool have snow OTG this late. What a conundrum. LOL.

My son was 18 months old in 2011 so he was a little younger but I recall him having fun.  He still does...wants to be out there all the time.  At the peak of snow I kept pointing out how the snow was up to his chest in the walk ways so that he would remember.  I'm hoping when he's old he looks back and says something like "I remember when I was a kid we'd have snow up to my chest!".

Just had a pretty good sleet shower up here.  Now 45F and moderate rain.  Sleet fell at 48F close to onset of precip.  Don't understand what is going on, how did this happen.  Here's the video from around 1:30pm.  Really starts going about 20 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF7oXHxyIm4

My son was 18 months old in 2011 so he was a little younger but I recall him having fun.  He still does...wants to be out there all the time.  At the peak of snow I kept pointing out how the snow was up to his chest in the walk ways so that he would remember.  I'm hoping when he's old he looks back and says something like "I remember when I was a kid we'd have snow up to my chest!".

It was fun earlier, but it's just messy now. He'll sink to his belly button. Plus with work and random hours....easier to play on the grass.

Archived