Newest Member
    EWR757
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 13" since 2/17. 4" in march.

Still waiting for the storm track to shift north and west for March. Still south and east specials.

Places in LI with 24" in March and have only 4"up here..crazy

The shift will take place just in time to give us days of cold spring rain. NNE hasn't been in the favored position for a snow event since Nov. 26-27.

I actually broke my dam scraper this morning. Wonder if I will ever need it again this season. 

Nice pics Kev. Similar look at home, only more snow on trees and less on street.

My neighbor came home to check on the house as she lives with her mom now. I wonder what she thinks about the random footprints in her yard. :lol:

I actually broke my dam scraper this morning. Wonder if I will ever need it again this season. 

Nice pics Kev. Similar look at home, only more snow on trees and less on street.

My neighbor came home to check on the house as she lives with her mom now. I wonder what she thinks about the random footprints in her yard. :lol:

Even yesterday morning and during the day it was pretty fluffy here. I wouldn't classify it as wet really at all as the temp never got above 30.6 during the day. By 6:00 it was back down into the 20's. I'm not sure if i ever really had a wet paster here all winter? Maybe Jan 24th was..but I seem to recall that event being mostly in the 20's too

What are the area biggest seasonal all time totals? I would love to crack 120", but that could be tough

N ORH county is probably close between 2000-2001, 1995-1996, 1971-1972, and 1898-1899. Maybe 1922-1923 but data is a bit sparser for those pre-1950 years. But close to 140-150" of snow in those years.

Your specific BY varies tho. Prob didn't get 140 in 2001 but perhaps in 1972.

N ORH county is probably close between 2000-2001, 1995-1996, 1971-1972, and 1898-1899. Maybe 1922-1923 but data is a bit sparser for those pre-1950 years. But close to 140-150" of snow in those years.

Your specific BY varies tho. Prob didn't get 140 in 2001 but perhaps in 1972.

140" would be impressive. 2001 def had bigger depths and lasted long

Even yesterday morning and during the day it was pretty fluffy here. I wouldn't classify it as wet really at all as the temp never got above 30.6 during the day. By 6:00 it was back down into the 20's. I'm not sure if i ever really had a wet paster here all winter? Maybe Jan 24th was..but I seem to recall that event being mostly in the 20's too

That was one of the few wet ones here too. Pretty unusual to say that. 1/24 was the other one. Even yesterday, the snow was light enough to blow around during the day while Bob was nape tanning in Taunton. 

Today was supposed to be first date for outdoor softball practice lol. Instead they're taking an hour of BP at some indoor cages. Outdoor spring soccer looks to be significantly delayed as well. Thank God for the indoor complex at the bubble we have in town

Our son's first game was scheduled for 4/11. 12-15" of snow on the fields in Gardner and some if those are horror shows in a regular spring

Goal deep mud

A fairly even 13-14" concrete glacier over a large portion of the backyard still. This is going to take some time to melt barring a major cutter.

Your area always retains snow well. Impressive that you have over 13" on the ground and you haven't gotten into the meat of any of these late season events. Tho yesterday was decent in ORH county.

That was one of the few wet ones here too. Pretty unusual to say that. 1/24 was the other one. Even yesterday, the snow was light enough to blow around during the day while Bob was nape tanning in Taunton. 

And yet somehow most of us still have 10+ of snowpack left as we near April 1 lol..  One for the ages and  will be remembered as the best as we get older and suffer thru some bad ones from time to time

Archived