joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hardly ever get sick...when I do it's just typically stuffy and runny nose and sore throat.  

Between the ages of 20 and 23 I NEVER got sick...ever.  I figured out alcohol was the perfect cure.  When I felt like I was getting sick I would get really hammered and throw up...I would wake up with a hangover but the stuffy nose and sore throat was gone and I never got sick.  

Hope you feel better, Dave!

I don't believe you can shoot the bear unless it is causing a more significant threat, you're probably better off just removing the bird feeders. not that I would be against shooting it but I know that how strict they are with those things and you will probably get in trouble.

Why would you shoot it?

I leave the feeders out all winter. I get lazy and leave them outside all night until all of the snow melts. This bear just happened to get them a little early. ;)

Starting tonight I brought them back in for the night again. I think that's the 3rd April in a row that a bear has torn up my feeders.

Nope. Temp (I never get those) aches, sore throat. Dizzy

I had the exact symptoms, had an awful week last week, awful. Feeling better but still dealing with sinus/respiratory symptoms.

Everyone is sick... I've heard story after story recently... after a winter in which most were healthy for the duration. 

Feel better Dave.

Nasty bug, all over the valley. I go years without catching colds or flu and it knocked me on my azz.

Too warm. I was in no man's land with the stove last night. I decided to turn it on around midnight and woke up at 5am to like 75F in the house. Should've just left it off and let the house cool down into the low/mid 60s.

Oh I see. I haven't had the heat on for two days. Windows cracked open last night.

Oh I see. I haven't had the heat on for two days. Windows cracked open last night.

I haven't been sleeping well so too warm or too cool messes me up. I've been making baby steps forward health wise, but I barely slept last night and I feel it today. My head is ready to explode moreso than usual.

I haven't been sleeping well so too warm or too cool messes me up. I've been making baby steps forward health wise, but I barely slept last night and I feel it today. My head is ready to explode moreso than usual.

Nyquil? Melatonin? Both can help...I'm sure you know that though.

I stay away from the melatonin. I don't like adding a hormone artificially that the body should be producing. I was getting 1-2 hrs per night post prednisone so the recent 5-6hrs the past 5 days has helped. Last night was just a step back. A little magnesium before bed has helped calm me down and if I'm really amped up I take a little L-theanine. They gave me Ativan for the insomnia, but I don't want to get sucked into something that could lead to anxiety/withdrawal symptoms after I try to quit it. I hate meds overall and wish I never took that prednisone and augmentin. Some people have no problem with them, but the side effects weren't for me.

Archived