• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

Truth. But, it's refreshing not to engage in faux severe and dewpoint discussions which I'll refrain from. The casual banter and perhaps any SOS threats as well as sports for the most part.

Yeah too early for faux severe yet and too early for dewpoint spin.

The nice days this time of the year are pretty awesome...I'll give it that. We get low dews and 60s and 70s on nice days in April...the problem is those are not always easy to achieve, lol.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah too early for faux severe yet and too early for dewpoint spin.

The nice days this time of the year are pretty awesome...I'll give it that. We get low dews and 60s and 70s on nice days in April...the problem is those are not always easy to achieve, lol.

Yeah this has been a nice stretch...I'm still snake bitten from the Springs of the 00s...lol. Boy were some of those horrible.

Obviously we have a long ways to go, and the pattern starting next week doesn't exactly have me dusting off the Scooter Speedo just yet. 

Yeah this has been a nice stretch...I'm still snake bitten from the Springs of the 00s...lol. Boy were some of those horrible.

Obviously we have a long ways to go, and the pattern starting next week doesn't exactly have me dusting off the Scooter Speedo just yet. 

Yeah next week could have some ugliness.

Well if folks can't handle discussing summer wx and all the interesting caveats that come with that, then it's a good choice to leave and come back in the fall when the cold wx is back. Here's to a hot , humid and stormy summer for those of us that enjoy summer

I'll definitely be less active this summer than in the past...I already was a bit less active last year and it was nice. I'll hang out in the sports forum and other areas.

I'll still probably post a bit in here while at work, but summer here is snooze-time for the most part...if you like high dewpoints and severe and live in New England, it is akin to being a huge cold and snow fan living in South Carolina.

I'll definitely be less active this summer than in the past...I already was a bit less active last year and it was nice. I'll hang out in the sports forum and other areas.

I'll still probably post a bit in here while at work, but summer here is snooze-time for the most part...if you like high dewpoints and severe and live in New England, it is akin to being a huge cold and snow fan living in South Carolina.

Many of our summers feature long bouts of heat and humidity, punctuated by storms. 2 dry days and then humidity comes back. Summers like last are relatively rare in these parts. That was more NNE like

Many of our summers feature long bouts of heat and humidity, punctuated by storms. 2 dry days and then humidity comes back. Summers like last are relatively rare in these parts. That was more NNE like

They do?   Out of a 90 day summer, how many days average 90 or better at BDL?  Warmest climo here is 83 or 84 with something like 15 90 degree days on average.  I've lived in Tokyo, NC, DC and Philly and the summers here are much less hot and humid than those 4 places.  You want long bouts of heat and humidity, NC and Tokyo are the places for you. 

Our summers are not typically filled with long bouts of heat and humidity, hence why our peak avg temps are in the low to mid 80s or so.

Our summers are not typically filled with long bouts of heat and humidity, hence why our peak avg temps are in the low to mid 80s or so.

Even torch-central BDL only maxes out in the mid 80s.

BDL averages 17 days per summer I think with 90+ highs. His BY probably averages around 4 or 5 given ORH averages 3 and he's slightly warmer.

We are way below the averages of anyone to our west or south. In short, NE is not known for heat and humidity in the summer. Our heat and humidity tend to be short 'bouts.

Snow patches hanging on for dear life here at home (called in sick. So annoying)

Late Nov to April 15 with snow otg. Can't recall that before

We achieved it in 1995-1996.

If you are talking continuous, not sure its been done in our parts...including this year with the bouts of bare ground we had in December and January.

Snow patches hanging on for dear life here at home (called in sick. So annoying)

Late Nov to April 15 with snow otg. Can't recall that before

My friend's parents still have solid snow in their yard up there in Hubby. They said about 8" or so. Apparently it is sheltered too.

Even torch-central BDL only maxes out in the mid 80s.

BDL averages 17 days per summer I think with 90+ highs. His BY probably averages around 4 or 5 given ORH averages 3 and he's slightly warmer.

We are way below the averages of anyone to our west or south. In short, NE is not known for heat and humidity in the summer. Our heat and humidity tend to be short 'bouts.

NE of BDR is the "hot summer" cutoff IMO

NE of BDR is the "hot summer" cutoff IMO

Yeah I'd really like to see 20+ 90F days for climo to classify it as hot. There's pockets in the CT River valley that get close or even exceed it (I think CEF makes 20) but it's the rare exception.

I think EWR is close to 25 per day. And then of course heading SW toward PHL and the BWI/DCA corridor averages more than that.

Yeah I'd really like to see 20+ 90F days for climo to classify it as hot. There's pockets in the CT River valley that get close or even exceed it (I think CEF makes 20) but it's the rare exception.

I think EWR is close to 25 per day. And then of course heading SW toward PHL and the BWI/DCA corridor averages more than that.

how many did BDL have in 2010? i think EWR had like 55. lol

EWR wasn't far off from DCA's count that summer... so that reinforces the BDR cutoff

I was actually just double checking that summer...that was crazy down there. The departures were like +4 for the entire summer, lol.

It was definitely hot up here too, but not the same magnitude. We were in the same neighborhood as 2005 and fell short of the record in 1949....whereas down there you blew the doors of the previous record hot summers.

I was actually just double checking that summer...that was crazy down there. The departures were like +4 for the entire summer, lol.

It was definitely hot up here too, but not the same magnitude. We were in the same neighborhood as 2005 and fell short of the record in 1949....whereas down there you blew the doors of the previous record hot summers.

2005 changed my attitude towards the heat. I worked a lot outside and it wears you down when it's warm day after day. August was a high Td month and maybe not the U90s...but it was pretty muggy. No thanks unless you are pool or beach side.

Archived