• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

I'm kind of curbing any emotional investment now in case it busts (3-4" is not a bust to me..I'm talking 1-2" on grassy areas).  The models might have some shifting left to do and I will still look at them, but I am in a zen unfold mode.  It will unfold however it unfolds.  I'm certainly not worried about winning or jackpotting or other areas.  I like snow too much to focus on that pathological nonsense.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of curbing any emotional investment now in case it busts (3-4" is not a bust to me..I'm talking 1-2" on grassy areas).  The models might have some shifting left to do and I will still look at them, but I am in a zen unfold mode.  It will unfold however it unfolds.  I'm certainly not worried about winning or jackpotting or other areas.  I like snow too much to focus on that pathological nonsense.

Agreed

I have a similar but different goal than you.  I would like to see 2 cons. hours of heavy snow in the daylight hours.  I wasn't able to view much of the 2/21 storm, and I didn't have but one really heavy period of snow anyway, and it was brief.

If I can get that, I'm happy.  And ready for spring.

WOW....I leave for nasty McDonalds and I come back to the storm being cancelled....that was quick!  I really could care less...I am a woman...we usually are promised 8-10 and end up with 4-6, so I am used to this stuff! :)

you know 8 is apparently 97th percentile stuff, according to that study in the news

good to aim long, if that is your thing

Honestly I have a bad feeling about this. Raining a lot, temperatures aren't below guidance really, DCA is 51 right now. I'm not worried about the swath I'm worried about temperatures for some, 3/3/14. But it's not a big deal. That's why this is in Banter.......as long as CCBC Closes and I get like 1-2" I will be ok.

We need a thread for rational posters that just like snow regardless of how much we get. So sick of spazzed out people ruining threads. 

Just like most of us, I want as much snow as possible every event.  The more the better.  But I enjoy what I get (unless it is a colossal bust).  People on this board (not just this forum) are obsessed with amounts to the point of whining, complaining, lamenting, and slant-sticking.  It's really started to irritate me this winter.

Like I said earlier today, all hail King Euro unless it is showing us getting a lot of snow then totally write it off and hug crappier models that show us getting less snow.

Sent from my iPhone

This.  While it's important to look across all the models to get a good sense of guidance, a 4-6" NAM run shouldn't be time to cancel the storm. 

Honestly I have a bad feeling about this. Raining a lot, temperatures aren't below guidance really, DCA is 51 right now. I'm not worried about the swath I'm worried about temperatures for some, 3/3/14. But it's not a big deal. That's why this is in Banter.......as long as CCBC Closes and I get like 1-2" I will be ok.

Lol your mood swings are epic. A little bit ago you said we are getting 4-8", You need to chill.

Huh?  This was expected. 

tenps aren't an issue. Every piece of guidance has our temps plummeting tomorrow morning.  It would be a major bust not to have that happen.  The only real issue is changeover time and liquid.  Ratios and flake size should be ok, but we can't really control it.  once we flip it will be 8:1 at the worst and likely higher..

tenps aren't an issue. Every piece of guidance has our temps plummeting tomorrow morning.  It would be a major bust not to have that happen.  The only real issue is changeover time and liquid.  Ratios and flake size should be ok, but we can't really control it.  once we flip it will be 8:1 at the worst and likely higher..

it's a shame that anyone should be worried with the Euro and Ukie around .75+" falling as snow <24 hrs. before start time

Archived