joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great table. Puts things into perspective.

Thanks. Hopefully, the confluence will come in weaker on the later runs. That would allow for more widespread moderate to heavy precipitation/a less well-defined cutoff in qpf amounts.

Right now, I suspect that areas between Newark and White Plains could still see a big shift one way or another. More modest shifts are possible farther up the Hudson Valley. Locations such as Philadelphia and Belmar should do well barring a significant shift in the system's track. Both those locations have been forecast to receive 1" or more qpf on all three runs of the GFS for which I posted the data.

12Z canadian (i know, I know) - portrays my thinking - very sharp cutoff anywhere north of central nj

https://twitter.com/myWeatherNJ/status/572800243558981632

Also before people accusing me of choosing the CMC as my model of choice, I've been quite vocal about expecting the heaviest axis of snow to shift south of the city - even received personal messages telling me im a horrible poster..

well, a shift south on the NAM (was expected as it was too amped); a tight cut off on GFS for wave 2 (look at wave 2 only); RGEM, CMC, both further south...  :whistle:

12Z canadian (i know, I know) - portrays my thinking - very sharp cutoff anywhere north of central nj

Just heard UKMET way south to just advisory level snows for coastal CT. Perhaps this is Philadelphia and south central Jersey storm.

Also before people accusing me of choosing the CMC as my model of choice, I've been quite vocal about expecting the heaviest axis of snow to shift south of the city - even received personal messages telling me im a horrible poster..

well, a shift south on the NAM (was expected as it was too amped); a tight cut off on GFS for wave 2 (look at wave 2 only); RGEM, CMC, both further south... :whistle:

Just heard UKMET way south to just advisory level snows for coastal CT. Perhaps this is Philadelphia and south central Jersey storm.

well, a shift south on the NAM (was expected as it was too amped); a tight cut off on GFS for wave 2 (look at wave 2 only); RGEM, CMC, both further south... :whistle:

Just heard UKMET much further south to just advisory for coastal CT. Perhaps a good Philadelphia to south central Jersey storm.

Also, the UKMET has tightened the northern extent significantly. Like the GFS, it's the same for the city but less to the north, I think a lot of the south concerns are more a product of the cutoff as opposed to the entire shield shifting south.

Archived