joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ain't happy with 4-8"....greedy

Sent from my iPhone

I'd have to agree with him that 4-8" is a great hit in early March after a cold winter with many snowy days. If we get over 5.5" it would be my biggest storm of the season. This is not a 12"+/KU snowstorm no matter how you cut it.....not in our areas at least. If we go into this one expecting possibly a foot or more or a 12-18"er, we're simply setting ourselves up for disappointment. All in all, this looks great

These two events are going to tip the general public over the edge. The boiling point is being reached and people are so fed up right now its not even funny.

I don't see it. The storms to date have been small, people are not complaining as much as last year, and it is March and if it snows in March in central NJ, nature will take care of it. If we were getting 2011 numbers maybe, but I don't think so. Might be different up your way with all the ice. I am not seeing much in the media about this storm, do you think they are reticent for some reason? Are mets seeing something less than impressive that we are not seeing here?

8-12 for the City and surrounding areas it looks like. SI might be a bit less.

I see that but its hard to believe, SI tends to better a lot of times. Then again some big storms have dropped a bit less in the area, notabl7 2/26/10, which left only 8 in Woodbridge according to official records( just across the A Kill for SI )

I don't see it. The storms to date have been small, people are not complaining as much as last year, and it is March and if it snows in March in central NJ, nature will take care of it. If we were getting 2011 numbers maybe, but I don't think so. Might be different up your way with all the ice. I am not seeing much in the media about this storm, do you think they are reticent for some reason? Are mets seeing something less than impressive that we are not seeing here?

People up here have had plowable snow for 4 straight weeks and are def not happy more is coming lmao

We have close to 40 inches of snow this winter and the cold has been historic...all I hear is people complaining. 6-8 of snow will not melt in central nj because it's March

A few things of note , change the title of this thread as it doesn't do this major winter storm justice .

as was originally opined this system has legs and has trended both wetter and colder.

Gone are the 700mb issues the NAM had yesterday along with the bust potential of a release SE.

This has a ability to put down a wide spread 8 inch amounts with maxes to 12 .( JP) will get sorted by 0z .

This storm gets colder as we get deeper into it so ratios increase on the back end.

We have close to 40 inches of snow this winter and the cold has been historic...all I hear is people complaining. 6-8 of snow will not melt in central nj because it's March

I must be getting old. But I work in a school and usually people complain incessantly about winter, maybe it's just relief that we aren't in Boston, but in our neck of the woods, right next to you, it has not been that bad. At least in terms of snow. It has been brutally cold. If this storm verifies we would break 40 inches, which is above average for us ( 24-28 ) although I learned in my line of work averages are not as useful as medians. What is our median snowstorm? Unc W? I'm guessing 3-5,maybe less.

Archived