joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although there are negatives about being in March for snow there are also positives. Pwats are inherently higher as the atmosphere holds more water this time of year. So the juiced up solutions make sense.

I'll never forget the rates during that April 96 storm it came down as heavy or heavier then the blizzard of 96.

I think someone sees 3" hours rates and walks with the biggest march storm in our area since 08. I can see a foot somewhere

Although there are negatives about being in March for snow there are also positives. Pwats are inherently higher as the atmosphere holds more water this time of year. So the juiced up solutions make sense.

I'll never forget the rates during that April 96 storm it came down as heavy or heavier the blizzard of 96.

I think someone sees 3" hours rates and walks with the biggest march storm in our area since 08. I can see a foot somewhere

I agree, starting with tonight's 00z suites it wouldn't surprise me if the northern shield extends a bit more and this things juiced up, if there were ever I time i would buy into the srefs it would be this Storm

I agree, starting with tonight's 00z suites it wouldn't surprise me if the northern shield extends a bit more and this things juiced up, if there were ever I time i would buy into the srefs it would be this Storm

Additionally....although the NAM is an outlier with how far north it is, and may be out to lunch.....don't you guys think that a GFS/ EURO trend north is more likely than vice versa specifically because the NAM (for multiple runs now) has been pushing that solution? As out to lunch as it can be at times...some weighting seems reasonable to me

Additionally....although the NAM is an outlier with how far north it is, and may be out to lunch.....don't you guys think that a GFS/ EURO trend north is more likely than vice versa specifically because the NAM (for multiple runs now) has been pushing that solution? As out to lunch as it can be at times...some weighting seems reasonable to me

I do agree that this has a possibility of trending north, but not as north as the NAM has it.

So specifically because the worst model is consistently showing a wrong solution, the better models are likely to trend towards it.????That is not reasonable, rather it is the type of post that has made this regional forum virtually unreadable.

So specifically because the worst model is consistently showing a wrong solution, the better models are likely to trend towards it.????That is not reasonable, rather it is the type of post that has made this regional forum virtually unreadable.

The nam is by FAR not the worst model...it's done a million times better than the euro, navgem, jma just to name a few...rgem is the only thing better within 48hrs

You have no idea what you are talking about. I can assure you that a north trend for the GFS and EURO are mathematically a little more likely ( as opposed to a south trend) due to the NAM being well north. You speak as if the other models are 100x better than the NAM. When the NAM spits out what people want..all of a sudden everyone loves it. So....please. Have a clue what you are talking about

Models are actually in really good agreement on this the only thing we have to figure out now is how much snow. Will it be 4, 8, 12? All of those amounts are in play and honestly I'd strongly favor the juicier scenario and this could very well be a MECS in the making. 

Again the typical amped up bias the Nam has is in play. Those higher amounts will probably be further south as the high presses in as we've already seen all season long. 

I'm cautiously optimistic, but we're still 54 hours away from the likely start time of any snow and many things have to work out just right to get us big snows in any storm let alone a storm on March 5th (climo), so I'll wait until tomorrow night's models before getting excited.  

The fact that we are in the 1st week of March and tracking a significant-moderate winter storm threat is exciting enough.  We have enough model consensus now to suggest we're in for some wintry weather.

So Staten Island and Brooklyn get little. Add to the pile.

Only if the nams right, it's on its own this far north so we shall see...

Disclaimer: posting what a model shows doesn't make me a homer cause it hits my area good, it makes it a coincidence, some people need to get their panties out of their cracks and realize the difference lol

Feel free to delete but it had to be said

Models are actually in really good agreement on this the only thing we have to figure out now is how much snow. Will it be 4, 8, 12? All of those amounts are in play and honestly I'd strongly favor the juicier scenario and this could very well be a MECS in the making.

Not so much a MECS maybe a SECS is more likely at this point.

Tensions and emotions seem a bit higher for this event as the awareness that it might be the last hurrah for this season looms large. You never know, really, but chances are good this is it.

Definitely a lot at stake. Looks like someones getting a foot

Archived