joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm noses always overperform.  Or at least it seems like it.  Looks like tonight might not be an exception.

That's why I liked our spot in this storm so much. With Raleigh and Charlotte seemingly on the edge with the modeling we had quite a bit of wiggle room. Maybe we can get what Roanoke usually get when we are the ones on the edge.

That's why I liked our spot in this storm so much. With Raleigh and Charlotte seemingly on the edge with the modeling we had quite a bit of wiggle room. Maybe we can get what Roanoke usually get when we are the ones on the edge.

Agreed!  We shouldn't mix here until MAYBE at the end, and even then I wouldn't expect it necessarily.

You're scaring me, man.   :yikes:

We have wiggle room.  We're good, I think.

Well, the 21z SREF plumes still have a mean of a little over 10" at GSO, about the same as last run.  That's good.  Sounds like totals are a little down for RDU and CLT (mixing?).

There's a cluster of members from 3-6". a couple members in the 6-7" range, and the rest are 10-16".

Can we really make a run at 10"?  I'm skeptical and thinking more like 6-8" at this point, but we'll see.

Weather is a funny mistress. It is 34 here near Wilmington and mostly rain but 38 in Raleigh and snow. I know it has to do with the temps above ground and the dew points. Just doesn't seem right though. Have fun with your snow guys.

Temps are very dynamic here.  Actually closer to 34 and big fat flakes at my closest Wunderground station.

Superjames, what do you think is a realistic time for things to get cranking here at GSO?

The next couple hours, I'd imagine.  It will be interesting to see if we start rippin' right away or have some light snow for awhile.

I think I'm going 6-8" for our area.  We could make a run at 10", I guess, but it's probably not particularly likely.  I think our minimum is 4".  If we can't make 4", I am going to have a meltdown (or be disappointed, anyways).  I'd love to eclipse 8" and get the first storm >8" since January 2002...  The plumes certainly give some hope towards that goal, but we'll see.

Archived