joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was getting absolutely bashed in the other thread earlier for saying I thought southern wake would get mainly rain with little snow... I'm telling you... Experience in this area goes a long way.

Just stop man. It's 9:28 it wasn't even supposed to start snowing until like 10-11 in Raleigh. You're wrong. Southern Wake is fine.

I see a lot of upset people in the Upstate, GA, parts of NC. This is what happens when you wish the storm to track more North-West.

This is what happens with very marginal temps and hang your hat on dynamic cooling! If I had a nickel for every time I saw the word "dynamic cooling" or " dynamic storm" I would be a millionaire !

I see a lot of upset people in the Upstate, GA, parts of NC. This is what happens when you wish the storm to track more North-West.

I concur, and isn't ironic how now places like Knoxville are getting 3-5", and I don't remember hearing about that yesterday.  This has turned from a southern winter storm to a mid-atlantic winter storm in less than 24 hours.  Everybody should have seen it coming with all the thunderstorms moving rapidly north from the gulf.  By next week we are all going to be praying for sunshine.  

People should have given up the dynamic cooling crap the minute the first storm came through and moistened up the atmosphere, the humidity here in CAE never went under 80% from the first wave.  

This is what happens with very marginal temps and hang your hat on dynamic cooling! If I had a nickel for every time I saw the word "dynamic cooling" or " dynamic storm" I would be a millionaire !

The marginal setups generally hold the best snowfall amounts.  Too bad this time the WAA was too much for some.  Could have been close to record-breaking in some areas outside NC.

What are you getting Jon?

I was getting snow/IP for two hours now just rain mix...but I don't believe half of wake will stay rain all night, it just takes some time. If it's 2am and we are still all rain I'd be worried.

I was getting snow/IP for two hours now just rain mix...but I don't believe half of wake will stay rain all night, it just takes some time. If it's 2am and we are still all rain I'd be worried.

So help me understand something... The column was cool enough to support snow initially. Precipitation got heavier, and we turned over to sleet. If there is no warm nose pushing in right now, we should go back to snow fairly quickly, right? If the warm nose, however, is pushing in, rates now should be able to overcome it, if they're going to. The warm nose is only going to get stronger, right?

I agree. :hug:

How many ways can one person get screwed during one storm!? Dryslot next for the screw job !

Coming right up 85! Whoever said there would not be a dry slot with this storm , lied!!!!!

Look at the radar!

Wait, the comma head and upper low will save us and give us 2-3 inches at the end! Yeah, right

Archived