joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could see raleigh and east doing well as the low goes up the coast. I just don't think Charlotte and those west are gonna go as high as expected.  Those deform bands are gonna get smaller and smarller as they go.  Someone will get an additional 2-3 inches, but its gonna be small.  Stallings was predicted to get AT the LEAST 3-5 inches. More than likely gonna get nothing but rain.

It's 11P. Hasn't this event like...just started? Pretty sure it's supposed to go until at least 6-8AM. I could be wrong..

For raleigh and east, yes.  Those of us out here in the west or SW only have a couple more hours before this thing wraps up. I wouldn't be surprised if most of our moisture is gone by 2-3 AM.

Hoping this starts to pivot soon, but prob wishful thinking.

We need to just let it go! Poor John Cess, still on air now saying the upper level energy will pivot through and bring most who are seeing rain and sleet , will see snow for a few hours, umm no, won't happen! Even with a huge spread in totals of 3-7", we busted hard, let it go John

If this storm misses me to the south I'm going to explode. Hell we can't get snow, and now not even severe thunderstorms.

lol too funny.  Are you really surpised you are missing your severe storm?  Ready for summer? :)

Wyff made me feel a little better.  Said as low reaches the atlantic winds are going to shift and pull moisture in from the atlantic and intensify the bands over the upstate.  Also the winds will shift and lower temps.

Barely doing anything here. Have about 1/2" sleet and snow. If I could get one hour of heavy snow that I could watch, I'd be happy. But I keep having to deal with lulls and mixes.

Radar is impressive to our SW, it's building nicely.  QPF won't be an issue for us, it's the warm nose of death.  

I would shake Cheeznado's hand right now if I could; despite my (and others) claims that he was being too pessimistic, leaning on the NAM too much, and so on, his forecast turned out to be correct. Bravo!

Closer to home, FFC is still keeping us under a winter storm warning for black ice. Seriously? What's bad about these busted forecasts is that it's setting up a 1/28/14 scenario again. Public mistrust in FFC will probably increase because of not one but two botched winter weather forecasts. So, the next time a big winter storm is on the horizon and FFC sounds the alarm, not many (outside of the EMA) will listen to them. Everyone will pretend it's a normal day, since "those darn weather people in Peachtree City" screwed up winter weather forecasts in 2015. Then the big one comes, and everyone's stuck on the roads. Snowjam all over again.

Otherwise, this was a classic way to end this pitiful, pathetic winter. It's all the same, really: big storm shows up 5-10 days out, it gets within 5 days, almost everyone wants it to come north, almost everyone gets screwed in the end (too much sleet, dry slots, WAA everywhere, too much rain). Amazing!

:ee:

The GFS says that severe storms are on the horizon. Hope the models bust, but watch Mother Nature decide that she's not done screwing us, leading to a significant tornado outbreak this Spring.

lol too funny. Are you really surpised you are missing your severe storm? Ready for summer? :)

Wyff made me feel a little better. Said as low reaches the atlantic winds are going to shift and pull moisture in from the atlantic and intensify the bands over the upstate. Also the winds will shift and lower temps.

Yeah I'm ready for summer. Spring is coming next week. I got mid 80s in the forecast each day.

Archived