joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've still got some snow here. But that mix zone is a football field away and closing rapidly. Will be switching momentarily. Looks like it's oriented west-east and moving northward. Doubt it gets shoved east like last time. Currently have about an inch of snow and sleet.

It won't head east until the low pressure forms and starts moving NE, which it will.  I hope we only flip to sleet and not rain, then we flip back a little earlier.

It's crazy how so many people are/were holding onto every shred of hope.  It looks like a town in AL ended up with 12"+.  ATL got the shaft, Northern Midlands & Upstate too.. you'd think it would be a lot more worrying with all of that going on for other areas possibly... considering the warm meant business..

We have gotten a little over 3 inches this way so far, a far cry from the 8 inches a lot of the models were saying earlier. There was no mention of all the sleet that kept mixing in with the snow tonight. Seems a very shallow layer of warm air developed again over the upstate that was missed by the models. Nasty ice and sleet storm last week, a dusting of snow over the weekend, 2.5 inches of snow yesterday and just over 3 today. I guess I shouldn't complain too much but, the 8 inches or so that was forecast for tonight would have been nice!

Archived