Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

Magic

Not...

Surface low takes over and winds come out of the NE. That's one way I suppose.

CC shows mix is still advancing north. I know many posters said it could come back south, but unless the low cranks off the coast and draws colder air in, I can't think of anything that's going to bring the cold aloft back south.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CC shows mix is still advancing north. I know many posters said it could come back south, but unless the low cranks off the coast and draws colder air in, I can't think of anything that's going to bring the cold aloft back south.

It's not, it will only hover here for awhile. We will miss 6" of snow by 2 miles.

Well I'm just a novice but some of the things happening tonight are some of the things I mentioned last night in my prediction. These systems usually put more moisture north than anticipated by models where the temps are colder and those areas do better. The deeper bands are usually Southeast of the NW part of the upstate and go through central and eastern NC. Whether those bands will be mostly snow or not remains to be seen, but that is where most of them are tracking. BL temps cause problems with accumulation, especially when you are counting on dynamic cooling to get you below freezing. Western upstate will almost always have problems with precip drying up and is usually on the lower end of snow totals. We can look at models all we want but models don't "know" the climotology of our area like we do. It's up to us to interpret and inject our experienced discretion when making our predictions and forming our expectations. This one is certainly disappointing for NGA and the Upstate so far (it's not over yet, but it's 2/3 over for us West of GSP), but this is about what we normally get with these quick hitter storms with borderline temps. Well, it's not the big dog we all dream about (for NGA and Upstate) but it's beautiful nonetheless, and we've gotten 3 systems in ten days after many of us thought we were going to be blanked for the winter. Enjoy what we got, cause it won't be there long!

It's not, it will only hover here for awhile. We will miss 6" of snow by 2 miles.

Looks to me from watching the CC mode to see the line, it keeps waffling but is basically a line from Sanford to Raleigh(proper) and curves over to Rocky Mount. Am I wrong? IDK if it will shift south or not, but I sure hope it doesn't come north 20 miles.

I'm switching majors. I hate weather

lol,

Think though, it's a profession where some folks are wrong quite a bit but stay employed. If you're really creative you can make a hockey stick, get ton's of public and private funding, travel the world, and call really smart people liars without ever being challenged. Even claim you won a Nobel Prize.

There's no way we would have gotten half the totals they were forecasting, if this had been snow from the start! That dry slot is sick and this is the worst letdown in along time! I'm out, for an extended break, this sh* t ain't even fun anymore

That's kinda how several of us more south of you felt.  But it's all good.  Dust off and come back next winter.  

Could be worse CR, you could be in PGV for this one where it is cool 32 and RN. Look to you sw around Sanford, Raleigh will be going back over to flakes shortly, the line is not uniform by any means.

I'm about 18 miles to the east of you and it makes me want to pull my hair out. 

Archived