joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey lurker newbie, I guess possibly weenie? Haven't sorted that one yet.

Is this a thread where I can ask people's opinions on whether RDU flights are likely to run Friday? Scheduled for about 36 hours out. I've only lived in the area about ten years, and not every year got snow (and FL prior to that), and never juxtaposed with travel. I don't know how long it takes RDU to clean up. Vacation flight, naturally. My usual trick is to get sick about 36 hours ahead instead.

Is this a thread where I can ask people's opinions on whether RDU flights are likely to run Friday? Scheduled for about 36 hours out. I've only lived in the area about ten years, and not every year got snow (and FL prior to that), and never juxtaposed with travel. I don't know how long it takes RDU to clean up. Vacation flight, naturally. My usual trick is to get sick about 36 hours ahead instead.

My guess is that there will be flights but it's probably going to be a mess with some cancellations and whatnot. I'd definitely call ahead and show up early. Pretty much anything is fine in this thread as long as it adheres to some level of decency.

Check out the correlation coefficient on radarscope. The rain/snow line is moving back North.

Looking very closely at that, I am about 30-40 miles north of it, I figured I have another 2 hours or so of all snow, but there is some heavy bands coming in that might fight it off a little longer.

OMG.

We need to just let it go! Poor John Cess, still on air now saying the upper level energy will pivot through and bring most who are seeing rain and sleet , will see snow for a few hours, umm no, won't happen! Even with a huge spread in totals of 3-7", we busted hard, let it go John

Those 2 do not need to be watched again. WYFF should fire them. There's no way it snows again tonight outside of the mountains in SC. Maybe a few mets in other places need to go too.

Otherwise, this was a classic way to end this pitiful, pathetic winter. It's all the same, really: big storm shows up 5-10 days out, it gets within 5 days, almost everyone wants it to come north, almost everyone gets screwed in the end (too much sleet, dry slots, WAA everywhere, too much rain). Amazing!

I couldn't have said it better.

Those 2 do not need to be watched again. WYFF should fire them. There's no way it snows again tonight outside of the mountains in SC. Maybe a few mets in other places need to go too.

They busted hard. (they are TV Mets given to crap)  But, so did everyone else.

I hope my GSP Discussion, in the morn, starts out......

WE ARE SO SORRY.... 

Just is frustrating in this day and age of technology and science that they can't get a forecast right the day of a storm. NEVER trust the uptick of totals at the last minute.

Some of it is our fault as well. The best short range model this winter has been the RGEM and no one even talked about it this afternoon really because it had lower totals across the board and screwed a lot of people who had big snow in their forecast. We just naturally gravitate towards the models that show what we want to see (within reason, I don't think anyone believed the RAP) because we're hobbyists and don't have to make an objective forecast.

My guess is that there will be flights but it's probably going to be a mess with some cancellations and whatnot. I'd definitely call ahead and show up early. Pretty much anything is fine in this thread as long as it adheres to some level of decency.

Thank you. (I can understand the desire not to have lay people come in and ask dorky questions and/or ask you guys to consult your magic eight-ball. But I really don't know how this kind of thing is handled--lifetime of living in subtropics and also not flying much till recently.)

Looking very closely at that, I am about 30-40 miles north of it, I figured I have another 2 hours or so of all snow, but there is some heavy bands coming in that might fight it off a little longer.

I've still got some snow here. But that mix zone is a football field away and closing rapidly. Will be switching momentarily. Looks like it's oriented west-east and moving northward. Doubt it gets shoved east like last time. Currently have about an inch of snow and sleet.

Thank you. (I can understand the desire not to have lay people come in and ask dorky questions and/or ask you guys to consult your magic eight-ball. But I really don't know how this kind of thing is handled--lifetime of living in subtropics and also not flying much till recently.)

You shouldn't have to worry about asking questions, there are just some real jerks who not only think they own this place seem to enjoy belittling everybody. Hope they enjoy the obamanet when it comes.

Archived