• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

How are you guys going to feel when we have a 985 mb I-95 runner in 12 hours?

Relieved, the kids will be in school tomorrow...woohoo...

I get this sick feeling we are looking at another Jan 87 snow map tonight...for that one I was in the Winston, sucks being on the other end.

accum.19870123.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am at 39F sucker!  I plan on toeing the 33-34F rain all night long...

Yeah, the sun was kind of brutal today.  As usual, we overperformed with an afternoon high of 45.  In the end, it doesn't really matter, but you just knew that was going to happen. :lol:

how's it feel sitting in the sweet spot?

I don't know.  You tell me! ;)

This is still y forecast tonight from NWS.

National Weather Service Zone Forecast
For:  Fulton (GAZ033)

501 PM EST WED FEB 25 2015 ...winter storm warning in effect until 10 am est thursday... TONIGHT Occasional snow and sleet this evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation up to 4 inches. Total snow accumulation up to 6 inches. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Light north winds. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Yeah, the sun was kind of brutal today.  As usual, we overperformed with an afternoon high of 45.  In the end, it doesn't really matter, but you just knew that was going to happen. :lol:

I don't know.  You tell me! ;) all have the triad in the sweet spot!!! except for Ne

Fox 8, news 2 and 12 all have the triad in the sweet spot for their viewing area.

I am at 39F sucker!  I plan on toeing the 33-34F rain all night long...

Well we got to toe that line to get the big snows...LOL!  This last little jog north on the models sucks!  We were close before and I'm afraid we're going to have major mixing issues now.  It always seems the WAA is stronger than modeled here.

I'm in downtown Greensboro right now and haven't had a chance to look for about 10 minutes, but not as of yet.  I'll be heading home in a few minutes back to N High Point, I suppose.

I just returned home from downtown and I didn't see anything either.

What's up with RAH cutting GSO's projected totals?  We're down to 3" to 7" tonight.  Temperatures?

I'm in downtown Greensboro right now and haven't had a chance to look for about 10 minutes, but not as of yet.  I'll be heading home in a few minutes back to N High Point, I suppose.

I am by the Palladium, there is nothing at all yet but I didn't expect anything so early anyways.

Fox 8, news 2 and 12 all have the triad in the sweet spot for their viewing area.

I'm just inside New 2's "area to watch" by a couple miles.  WINNING.  Looks like WXII 12 has me in the 6-10" while FOX 8 still appears to have 4-6" for most of the viewing area (unless they updated that for the 6 PM news, but haven't changed it yet?).

This is still y forecast tonight from NWS.

National Weather Service Zone Forecast

For: Fulton (GAZ033)

501 PM EST WED FEB 25 2015 ...winter storm warning in effect until 10 am est thursday... TONIGHT Occasional snow and sleet this evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation up to 4 inches. Total snow accumulation up to 6 inches. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Light north winds. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Dreams do come true, but only in the Twilight Zone..

Archived