joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a big difference where the RAP thinks the heaviest snow will be compared to the HRRR...be curious to see who wins. Most likely a blend but we will see...

And yes I will be model watching until it starts raining or snowing.

Haha! Exactly. What else is there to watch? The night?

I'll take the RAPist for $1000 Alex!

Actually a good report showed two maps with totals in Wake county. One with 2-4 averages and one with 6-10 averages. The snow line hovers around Wake all night and he said could be 25 mile variance (either way) in that line--so it is only a forecast. Hence the different accumulation maps.

Thanks man!

This griping thread is a lot of fun.  Good idea, QCWx!

Yeah boy, I'll be sure and post pics! I wish you would call all Mets in our area ,and have them to up my totals to to over 4 inches, I might get more interested.... 12-18 LOL you drunk!!!

I'm still sitting at a forecasted 3-7, Frosty.  I'm not sure GSP is going to up it.  But at this point, it doesn't matter what they do.  It matters what the storm system does.  :)

It's a big difference where the RAP thinks the heaviest snow will be compared to the HRRR...be curious to see who wins.  Most likely a blend but we will see...

And yes I will be model watching until it starts raining or snowing.

Agree.  I'm hugging the HRRR:  much higher totals to the west.  I know you RDU people like the RAP better.

:hurrbear:

Is this latest Futurecast?  It has rain essentially over most of NC at 2am.  It has CLT rain from 10pm on.  No wonder they are so skittish.

http://www.wral.com/weather/image_gallery/14471720/

Woo, never changes over here.  I'm safe, even on that awful model. :lol:

The WAA will take over all of the SE sorry...NRN AL and GA were the winners this go round.

You serious, Clark?

Lol don't tell me you haven't see Celebrety Jeopardy o SNL!

:lol:

---

BTW, this thread should be fun tonight.

This griping thread is a lot of fun.  Good idea, QCWx!

I'm still sitting at a forecasted 3-7, Frosty.  I'm not sure GSP is going to up it.  But at this point, it doesn't matter what they do.  It matters what the storm system does.  :)

Agree.  I'm hugging the HRRR:  much higher totals to the west.  I know you RDU people like the RAP better.

:hurrbear:

LOL...they both suck for here, we mix like a son of a gun.  Just hope the rain holds off and it's atleast frozen.

Archived