• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

Was that sleet?  When I was doing my Jeb Walk, I thought there might have been some graupel or something, but it stopped.  Looks like mid-level temps crash over the next hour or two, so we'll be fine.

Yeah, it lightened up for a bit after we were crushed, but it looks like it's picking up again.

Yeah, sleet mixed in for about 10-15 minutes ... now back to all snow and it's coming down good!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the other way around. Long standing professional members do not like you personally attacking others in our forum.

If you want to discuss this further please take it to private messenger. I am sorry you did not get the snow you were expecting, I offered discussion the last 2 days showing this would be nothing but an advisory level event in the immediate Charlotte area and you constantly made personal attacks over it.

If you will reason, I am trying to make peace with you over your disagreements but I will not allow you to personally attack me on our board. For those of us that have contributed hundreds of dollars in contributions to keep our board solvent, we are not going to tolerate it.

Well rain man you missed it here. RDU is not rain as you thought. Damn being wrong bites. I'm loving it though. . .

How much longer do you think us in the triad have before it shuts off?

Probably the same general time frame. THese bands shoudl eventually redevelop over central nc and then fall apart as the dynamics shift out.

will the rn/sn line keep wavering where it is or will it move significantly north or south as the precip rotates through later?

I don't think it will move much further NW at this point, eventually the winds should turn more northerly and bring in colder air aloft.

Probably the same general time frame. THese bands shoudl eventually redevelop over central nc and then fall apart as the dynamics shift out.

I don't think it will move much further NW at this point, eventually the winds should turn more northerly and bring in colder air aloft.

Sounds good. Thanks a lot for all the information!

Just got back in from a drive in W-S.  Depending on what you drive and level of common sense, the roads aren't too bad.  Completely covered.  None had been touched by DOT yet, even I-40.  Saw some parking lots that had been scraped on the way in, white again on the home.  Guesstimating 5-ish around W-S.  Almost white-out at times.

At the house just south of W-S, still saw the tire tracks from when we left.  Really small flakes with a bit of sleet mixed in.  Lots of tree branches drooping everywhere.

All the really heavy stuff is well east of us now.  I can see a couple of more inches, but not the upper ends of what was advertised.

Pretty sure we're locked in for >6".  We might make 8" depending on how well this thing pivots over the coming hours.  Looks like we're going to be on the edge of the good rates.

Yeah I don't really know what to do about the measurement. I think I'm starting to get some pretty substantial compaction but the storm will probably be over when it's time to clean the board. Oh well.

We're probably done with the heaviest part of storm. Look like we'll end up with 4-4.5" which is what NWS GSP was expecting (and 25-40% percentile of consensus from WNC folks on mountains thread). Not a bad event at all, but could've been much better with a high to our north.

If it snows at this intensity for another 4-6 hours you are going to see some major power issues.....starting to hear a good deal of cracking.

Anyone else see the radar pivot or am I just wishing too hard?

I gladly give up my power for a while if it means I am getting an awesome storm lol

It's the other way around. Long standing professional members do not like you personally attacking others in our forum.

If you want to discuss this further please take it to private messenger. I am sorry you did not get the snow you were expecting, I offered discussion the last 2 days showing this would be nothing but an advisory level event in the immediate Charlotte area and you constantly made personal attacks over it. I know Greg Fishel and other Mets that you personally have attacked on our board and it is actions such as yours that have driven them away from participation here.

If you will reason, I am trying to make peace with you over your disagreements but I will not allow you to personally attack me on our board. For those of us that have contributed hundreds of dollars in contributions to keep our board solvent, we are not going to tolerate it.

Strength and honor ... Be well.

You donated to the board. You didn't purchase it.

Archived