February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad just capitulated

Brad Panovich @wxbrad

· 59s59 seconds ago

Storm is going to be far less than forecasted but this dilemma was well documented in many of my videos.

Far less than forecasted for some areas maybe. For my areas, already closing in on 5 inches. So at least as much as forecasted if not more morning.

I see what you did :)

I just went outside and measured 6!

Centimeters, that is!  :D

My snow totals sound much better that way.  Anyway, it's between 2.25 and 2.5 inches on the deck railing.  I didn't venture out to the yard, but I would guess the total there is around 3.5 inches.

It'll be interesting to see the post mortem on this event. I was a bit worried when I didn't see us fully saturated at -15C in several soundings. Of course, we could've just warmed ever so much and that was what caught us.

Please take the honors in starting the bust thread.

You want no one other's input other than your own when you declare to our forum members in Charlotte that they are going to be crushed by a foot of snow. It is not right for you to do that without any significant understanding of atmospheric physics. Just because you latch on to a model that shows what you would like to happen in your back yard does not make it news worthy to others. Your wishcasting is totally out of control and a disservice to others who participate in our forum in a collaborative manner that promotes an enjoyable positive experience in the study and discussion of meteorology without personally attacking professional members just because their analysis if it will snow in your backyard is different from yours.

You should know by now that significant snow in your part of South Carolina is a relatively rare event once every 5 years or so. This storm has been border line at best in your area since day one. It also has been a tough winter for snow here in the mountains. We have been nickled and dimed all winter until finally getting some significant snow last week.

I am glad you find pleasure in following meteorology and I would hope you will be more considerate and thoughtful of the feelings and contributions of our many fine contributing members of our forum.

It's just snow....please get over it. You have an invitation to come up and alpine or cross country ski anytime. Ski rental and lift tickets are on us.

Archived