Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was clear for over 24 hours now that significant accumulation would not occur in the immediate Charlotte area primarily due to surface dew points and no source of incoming cold air at the right levels from the north. It's not an easy job for the NWS to perform and overall they do a superb job. If this had been the Monday night event, it could have played out differently.

LOL. You are a trip, Bill. Go save someone's soul.

congrats on the thundersnow! awesome

weird storm here, after all that really heavy snow, went to heavy sleet, then freezing rain, then heavy sleet.  now moderate to heavy snow.  about 3.75" - hopefully the snow will stay this time and i can get another inch or two. would like to hit 6" (looked likely earlier today when it started) but not so sure now. that sleet/rain really messed up the snow amounts

LOL at Robert/WXSouth - great, local meterologist - remember this is the South - accumulating snow of more than 6 inches is exceedingly rare in Upstate SC - even if modeled to death for 7 days - razor thin line here for this particular storm

Yes, but he is usually pretty spot on. Oh, I forgot to use the word "dumping". BTW, it is pouring rain in Easley. SO no 2-3" inches per hour or anything else predicted other than the fact that it did snow briefly. I think we have become too dependent on weather models. I also think the forecasts were more accurate in the old days when "Charlie said it would" based on climatology and satellite info. BUT, I'm giving away my age with that statement!

Archived