SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2:30 am update. Measured in 5 different places. More in the grassy areas than on the road and driveway. Average was 4.75"

A mix is falling now. Will be anxious to see if/when the storm pivots if we can get any more accumulation. If not I'm completely 

happy with what I've got. 

Drove from Hickory to Chapel Hill tonight, all I can say is I've never seen it snow so hard for so far. Absolutely dumped the entire drove and actually had to drive without headlights a lot of the time due to not being able to see. Saw many wrecks, had to come to a complete stop multiple times waiting on tow trucks pulling people out. The worst part by far though was HWY 54 from 40 to Chapel Hill. Trees draped everywhere, and I'd say 2+" an hour rates. Hit sleet mixing in about 6 miles before Chapel Hill. About to get me a quick nap in at the only hotel room available in town and get up and get some awesome aerials of UNC tomorrow.

Huge bust so far in Concord. Started out perfect. Heavy snow, great rates grass completely covered. Got about 2-2.5"

Changed ti sleet and rain for about three hours. Big slushy mess.

Now I'm back to about 90% snow. Maybe the pivot will surprise us. This is a big storm and might have a surprise yet.

Congrats to all who cashed in. It's always fun to be in the sweet spot.

Looks like I wont make half a foot IMBY, but pretty close and an enjoyable storm! Will be interesting to see who jackpots out of this.. im thinking Norfolk

I just went for a walk and im starting to freak out, it is amazing outside, I measured a little over 2 inches so far (I accidentally borrowed a scale ruler from work.. :poster_oops: ). +sn right now and looking at the radar we aren't even close to heaviest rates... Im supposed to be teleworking in 3 hours, so i guess im staying up all night.

I just went for a walk and im starting to freak out, it is amazing outside, I measured a little over 2 inches so far (I accidentally borrowed a scale ruler from work.. :poster_oops: ). +sn right now and looking at the radar we aren't even close to heaviest rates... Im supposed to be teleworking in 3 hours, so i guess im staying up all night.

You really look to be in the jackpot zone. I hope it works out and you get an amazing storm!

If you look at the Charlotte TDWR it really seems to be holding on very well. Maybe we'll get a nice finale in the next couple hours.

Yeah, indeed.  Looks like we could be one of the last areas to stop snowing if the banding holds together.  Kind of looks like the dry slot is heading towards the Raleigh area.

No rain here; I think those returns are heavy snow with sleet mixed in. Went over my location and it was all snow

Looks like Rain//Snow line is beginning to push into SE VAattachicon.gif11015836_813733452040700_929747092_n.jpg

Just checked, and there is a mix of snow sleet and rain, mostly rain. Unfortunate, but it should flip back over soon.

Edit: 3:25am and it's pretty much all rain

Moderate snow continues. Just took the dog out and heard some branches snapping. The trees are weighted down!

Just took a look at the 07z HRRR.  Looks like it brings the band to our west in just after 4 AM.   Looks like it's still snowing pretty good at 6 AM.  Could be a decent finale.  It has the snow band over us after dawn with a rotting light snow band.  Looks like another couple inches, verbatim.  We'll see.

It would be nice if we could drop below 32 at some point.

Archived