joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 inches in west asheville here at my house and was hoping for 6-10 but we did get the 6 and seeing how some folks got a lot less I guess I'm very lucky to get this much. guess what helped us here is that it started as snow and stayed snow the whole event. wish this system would have been a slow mover though would love to see the snow coming down this morning.

Prob around 5 or 5.5 here all together. Although its prob lower with compactin/zr/sleet out there. The ratios were lower than forecasted along w/ the warm nose being worse that originally expected. Also, the fact that this was an open wave instead of a closed low really hurt folks down towards ga. The dynamics weren't enough in this type of system to overcome the warm boundary layer. Se la vie. Around 8.5 from 4 seperate events over the last few weeks to end winter has been awesome. Time for spring!

I too am ready for spring after this 6 inches but we all know especially in the mountains of nc that March can be our snowiest month and some big snows too but I too am ready for spring.

I got a little over 12 here, flakes that is. I was always on the edge with the rain snow line anyway. Had no idea it would end up moving so far north. Congats on all that saw some good stuff. I am ready for spring. Following these storms is fun but can be disappointing too but that's life in the south.

Measurements varied, but I got 2-4" on the sidewalks, 5-7" on the grassy areas. That's as of about 9 AM, so we've had some compaction. It appears there was sleet mixed in towards the end, at least in the top inch or so. It doesn't seem like it was all sleet (which would have been a lot). It was after I went to bed. Anyone remember when we changed over and when the precip stopped?

Measurements varied, but I got 2-4" on the sidewalks, 5-7" on the grassy areas. That's as of about 9 AM, so we've had some compaction. It appears there was sleet mixed in towards the end, at least in the top inch or so. It Anyone remember when we changed over and when the precip stopped?

I noticed some sleet mixing around 2:30 still mostly snow till dawn. Had a passing light snow shower about half an hour ago

3"  Had a switch to sleet and rain for a while.  Then back to snow.  If we didn't switch we could of had 6 possibly 8 IMO.

I had 4.5 fall but compaction took its toll so it only sits 3". When it started raining I cleared out a new board and measure 1.5" of sleet and snow after the 3" I had earlier.

I win!  --- *at least in my county*

total rain and melted snow...

...JOHNSTON COUNTY...CLAYTON 5.7 SSE              1.62 IN   0820 AM 02/26                        CLAYTON 4.6 ESE              1.60 IN   0823 AM 02/26                        WTP                          1.58 IN   0730 AM 02/26                        ZEBULON 9.1 S                1.54 IN   0754 AM 02/26                        CLAYTON 6.8 ESE              1.53 IN   0800 AM 02/26                        2 WNW COATS CROSSROADS       1.23 IN   0801 AM 02/26                        3 ENE COATS CROSSROADS       1.23 IN   0910 AM 02/26                        3 SE FOUR OAKS               1.21 IN   0814 AM 02/26                        3 WSW FLOWERS                1.08 IN   0907 AM 02/26                        2 SE FLOWERS                 0.87 IN   0443 AM 02/26                        4 W CLAYTON                  0.36 IN   0908 AM 02/26                        

Archived