joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowcasting and on the ground reports don't lie. Concord and even Uptown are getting pounded at the moment, while just south of town is light snow/sleet. Radar looks poorer than previously modeled.

Just sad.

The rain/snow line was a good county to county and a half further north than was predicted.  I knew I was gonna be close. I just fell on the wrong side.

Ugh, don't say power outage. If power outage I have to go to work and shut down servers. I don't know how to drive in snow, I grew up in FL.

Also I'm apparently like a block from NCSandhills so co-opting his obs.

Lol yeah I'm pretty sure I pass your complex twice a day on theb way to work on TW Alex. Still heavy snow here....

Here in east Charlotte we had a couple of hours of moderate snow, but then had a short lull. It's been mainly sleet since then. Looking like we're going to be on the wrong side of the line by 5-10 miles or so. Hopefully the transition line drops south as the main energy swings through in a couple of hours. Good luck to all!

Lol kinda laughing going back through some of these posts. Where do some of these people come from? The woodwork and left field bleachers? You got people talking about moisture not making it over the Ga mountains, like huh? For people sweating it out, getting nervous or having radar hallucinations, guys this is YOUR STORM in RDU and CLT enjoy your ONE storm. Enough of this bs garbage people have no idea what they are trying to insinuate. Radar trends look great down in the area keep the pics coming!

Agreed especially since there's many on this board who didn't get anything. I would love to have had one inch. I think Charlotte for the most part will be fine. Even if it's just 6 inches, that's still amazing. Expecting 12-15 inches of snow is kind of ridiculous in the first place.

Agreed especially since there's many on this board who didn't get anything. I would love to have had one inch. I think Charlotte for the most part will be fine. Even if it's just 6 inches, that's still amazing. Expecting 12-15 inches of snow is kind of ridiculous in the first place.

North Charlotte is fine.  Just south of downtown and everything below that is getting a nice cold rain.  You don't call that disappointing?

Archived