Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd wait till the Euro before bailing if I were you

not bailing just concerned.  Yesterday when I woke up and checked the overnight runs EVERYTHING was a crush job.  Not a single model showed anything less then 8" in this area.  The second wave was more consolidated and amped up.  Since then every run (other then the euro) has shown a trend towards a more strung out multiple waves system that gets suppressed further and further south.  I can even see a way that this area ends up with very little (less then 4") if the first wave comes through fast before temps crash tonight, then the second wave is mostly south.  The 12z GFS/RGEM/NAM all give my area 3-6" but from a few inches on the tail of wave one and 1-3" on the fringe of wave 2.  That is dangerous to me.  On top of that 3-6" is a bust when my current forecast is 8-10 and yesterday every model was showing 8-14".  I would like to believe that the euro perhaps is correctly keeping the second wave more amplified but it is very old data now and running against everything else and trends.  We need a trend towards the Euro starting NOW!

ETA:  If I hug a model it will be the one that screws me over not the one that looks good.  Sorry but history tells me 8"+ snows are rare and for every 10 threats the models show only 1 or 2 will actually happen.  I am always skeptical and looking for what will screw us over.  When I have a hard time finding it, then I feel confident.  This time I don't like the trend to split the waves, taking energy from the second and more important one and thus allowing it to be suppressed south.  VERY similar to what happened early march last year. 

Horst's first call from late last evening was 3"-6" for my area, but he tweeted this morning that a new map was coming around noon. Perhaps he trims us back even further?

I bet he keeps it pretty much the same for LNS but squeezes the 3 to 6 swath further south.

And he might wait for euro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping to grab an 1" out of this storm. Just got done cleaning yesterday's mess.

Wondering if we are going to see a slight slight tick north? That would help LSV.

OFF TOPIC: Harbor Freight on March 6th will be having a small 2 cycle generator on sale for $89.00

It is 800 or 900 watt. It would run a few small things in a power outage. I am probably going to get one and thought I would give a heads up.

http://t.harborfreight.com/900-peak700-running-watts-2-hp-63cc-2-cycle-gas-generator-epacarb-60338.html

Well guys....no problems left with ice here.  Temp up to 46 degrees...without the sun.

I'm not giving up hope yet to reach 4".  It's amazing how virtually every single significant event this winter has had our area in the questionable zone, whether it be mixing or getting fringed...seems like it's always been something.  Who would think that the models would have a significant shift less than 24 hours before the start?  I really do feel for NWS.  All the models up through 0Z last night were in pretty good agreement about getting warning criteria snows.  As I say often enough, there's always hope.  We only have an hour to go until we see if Dr. No is Dr. Yes.

Well guys....no problems left with ice here.  Temp up to 46 degrees...without the sun.

I'm not giving up hope yet to reach 4".  It's amazing how virtually every single significant event this winter has had our area in the questionable zone, whether it be mixing or getting fringed...seems like it's always been something.  Who would think that the models would have a significant shift less than 24 hours before the start?  I really do feel for NWS.  All the models up through 0Z last night were in pretty good agreement about getting warning criteria snows.  As I say often enough, there's always hope.  We only have an hour to go until we see if Dr. No is Dr. Yes.

its no damn wonder i drink. I'm with ya brother, i'm holding out hope for 4". Regardless of what we get, with the timing of this storm, i'd bet the schools close tomorrow. It seems like the kids will be in school until 4th of July and the Baseball/softball teams won't see grass until the middle of April!

Matches Horst's map. And the latest models though.

Yep. How many times has this happened this winter? Oh well. As they say in the sports world, you have to let the game play out. You never know who might unexpectedly get under a freakish heavy band.

Yep. How many times has this happened this winter? Oh well. As they say in the sports world, you have to let the game play out. You never know who might unexpectedly get under a freakish heavy band.

What's a bummer is this is extremely likely the last snow threat of the year. Next two weeks show nothing.

its no damn wonder i drink. I'm with ya brother, i'm holding out hope for 4". Regardless of what we get, with the timing of this storm, i'd bet the schools close tomorrow. It seems like the kids will be in school until 4th of July and the Baseball/softball teams won't see grass until the middle of April!

I'm with you on the seeing grass thing. I'm hoping this storm is either a dump just because that is cool or zip so we can get this snowpack outta here. I'm REALLY tired of hitting putts on the carpet. Getting to be time to play on the real course.

But even without a true torch, that March sun does some real damage when a few sunny days are strung together. Of course then it's the mud bog thing for a few weeks...<sigh>.

Archived