joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernie Rayno stated in his last video that he believes the Wed night Thurs storm is gonna trend south because of the low level cold air and the positively tilted trough. He thinks the bullseye zone is M/D line south with Balt DC Kentucky WVA NVA in the 6-12 zone. He thinks Philly could sneak in with 6 but everyone north is 1-3".  Hes been pretty much on the money this winter. I hope hes wrong this time.

Would only be fitting for winter to end this way.

Bernie Rayno stated in his last video that he believes the Wed night Thurs storm is gonna trend south because of the low level cold air and the positively tilted trough. He thinks the bullseye zone is M/D line south with Balt DC Kentucky WVA NVA in the 6-12 zone. He thinks Philly could sneak in with 6 but everyone north is 1-3". Hes been pretty much on the money this winter. I hope hes wrong this time.

He's been wrong with everything in western pa. Owes me at least 2 feet

Sleet and freezing rain mix here at 27 degrees. Nasty night.

Sleet and freezing rain mix here at 27 degrees. Nasty night.

I'll take frozen all day but I've not had this bad of a commute in a bit. State College usually does keep roads in good shape, but it's been rough.

Getting mainly zr with a few pingers. I still think we struggle to get too far above freezing.

I'll take frozen all day but I've not had this bad of a commute in a bit. State College usually does keep roads in good shape, but it's been rough.

Getting mainly zr with a few pingers. I still think we struggle to get too far above freezing.

Joe Bastardi reported PSU closed.  Hes never seen the university close over this little bit of ice

They just canceled late afternoon classes. Although I think they've been a bit more liberal about canceling classes since I've gotten here.

In my 2 1/2 years at U-Park we had I think four sets of cancellations. October 2012 after 2pm for Sandy, January 2013 before 10am for snow, February 2014 we had two sets due to winter weather.

Got outside and walked around a bit, got an air temp of around 31ºF and a rough estimate of 0.2" of ice accumulated so far. It's raining quite hard and the small drop size is making for more efficient ice building. The nearly 1" of sleet we had earlier mixed with the freezing rain we're having now has made quite the top layer while largely maintaining the depth of the snowpack.. still about 15-16" measuring around the yard.

Walked down to our main road and it is horrendous. Township didn't plow the sleet off or treat it so with the freezing rain it might as well be a new layer of blacktop. 

Got outside and walked around a bit, got an air temp of around 31ºF and a rough estimate of 0.2" of ice accumulated so far. It's raining quite hard and the small drop size is making for more efficient ice building. The nearly 1" of sleet we had earlier mixed with the freezing rain we're having now has made quite the top layer while largely maintaining the depth of the snowpack.. still about 15-16" measuring around the yard.

Walked down to our main road and it is horrendous. Township didn't plow the sleet off or treat it so with the freezing rain it might as well be a new layer of blacktop. 

Finally hit 33. My dad said the roads were flooding due to the water having no where to go. Also interesting observation...the wall in our driveway where the water is running due to the spouting being blocked is now iced over like Niagara falls.

Archived