joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the 12Z Euro is sticking with around 6" (all snow) for UNV on Sunday.

Knowing most here missed out on the State College Special Surprise event of yesterday, have put together a short video so you can still enjoy at least some of it. Of course, the accumulation happened overnight, but the following morning was pretty interesting—as I've explained on the Vimeo page. Along with an explanation of how Jim Cantore coincidentally ended up being included.

Rick, to answer your question about the music–it's licensed via SmartSound. Not the best music library content-wise, but pretty good for customizing various versions to fit almost any length video. It's surprisingly flexible.

Hope you guys enjoy this!

Before we get all in on the event at hand tomorrow I will say the Tuesday/Wed cutter has looked a lot weaker, specifically on the Euro and Canadian (as well as the NAM on the edge of it's range). A weaker and more sheared out solution would imply a warm push that isn't as impressive and shorter duration. Such things could lead to a mess in the p-type department or even a thump of snow at the early to mid stages of the storm coming through. Western PA west of the mountains would likely still see a quick transition and pretty warm temps, but I'm not so sure for the rest of PA east of the mountains. We could be setting up for another case of muted or denied torch... which can be hard to go against given the trends this (and last) winter. Regardless, looks like cold will quickly press back behind this system, and we'll have to watch for that second impulse.. that currently looks to keep its precip south of PA. On the other hand if things keep going the way they're going, the first wave Tues/Wed might end up being the one that does the damage anyways. 

The western CTP counties look to finally do well with this one. I guess the good news for us snow lovers is that it should be a pretty wet snow that'll help top off the snow pack. The 2-5 we have forecast here would certainly be a nice way to send off the season if we don't have any more storms.

On an unrelated note there is chaos here in downtown SC...already saw someone being arrested! The "state pattys day" tradition is going strong apparently.

Before we get all in on the event at hand tomorrow I will say the Tuesday/Wed cutter has looked a lot weaker, specifically on the Euro and Canadian (as well as the NAM on the edge of it's range). A weaker and more sheared out solution would imply a warm push that isn't as impressive and shorter duration. Such things could lead to a mess in the p-type department or even a thump of snow at the early to mid stages of the storm coming through. Western PA west of the mountains would likely still see a quick transition and pretty warm temps, but I'm not so sure for the rest of PA east of the mountains. We could be setting up for another case of muted or denied torch... which can be hard to go against given the trends this (and last) winter. Regardless, looks like cold will quickly press back behind this system, and we'll have to watch for that second impulse.. that currently looks to keep its precip south of PA. On the other hand if things keep going the way they're going, the first wave Tues/Wed might end up being the one that does the damage anyways. 

I've been hearing about this trend...Looks like the 12z/84 NAM (I know...) was implying at least a 1-3" front end event before the warm air would surge in. I just recall that last week's event was, at one point, looking like heavy rain with temps torching to the 50s.

12z Euro ensemble mean and control run both have the best look that they have had thus far for tomorrow. Both now show 3-4 inches across the LSV

and just about all of the 51 ensemble members look pretty similar.

As more the last wave for next week, the 12z ensemble mean doesn't support the Euro Op which had suppressed the heavy snow in to Virginia.

Very few of the 51 members had the best snow to the south. About 20 of

The members have most of CTP in 10+ inches by the end of all three events,

and the majority had all of us in 6+ by the end of the 3 events.

12z Euro ensemble mean and control run both have the best look that they have had thus far for tomorrow. Both now show 3-4 inches across the LSV

As more the last wave for next week, the 12z ensemble mean doesn't support the Euro Op which had suppressed the heavy snow in to Virginia.

Id be shocked if MDT gets 2" pure snow tomorrow.

The western CTP counties look to finally do well with this one. I guess the good news for us snow lovers is that it should be a pretty wet snow that'll help top off the snow pack. The 2-5 we have forecast here would certainly be a nice way to send off the season if we don't have any more storms.

On an unrelated note there is chaos here in downtown SC...already saw someone being arrested! The "state pattys day" tradition is going strong apparently.

That's unfortunate, I didn't see many headlines leading up to it this year and was kinda hoping it faded. I'm not opposed to a good party, but I was never a fan of this holiday outside of maybe the first year it came into existence (since the actual St Patty's Day was on Spring Break that year).

Think we are looking at a 4-5" down here. Further south obviously less. 

That's unfortunate, I didn't see many headlines leading up to it this year and was kinda hoping it faded. I'm not opposed to a good party, but I was never a fan of this holiday outside of maybe the first year it came into existence (since the actual St Patty's Day was on Spring Break that year).

When I was a freshman here back in the mid sixties, we'd order 12-15 half kegs for a weekend. By the time I graduated that was down to maybe 4-5. And it was all due to that stuff that's now being made legal for recreational purposes. Funny how almost no one ever got arrested in those days.

The yelling of obscenities from a car/apartment while drunk is still a big hobby here haha. Talked to a cop for a bit at a fast food place and he said its been a relatively quiet weekend considering.

On a related note, still a solid 6-8" here even with some melting/sublimation today. 25 doesn't feel so bad these days...

Archived