joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro Ensemble mean looks really good for early next week.

The mean showed around 4 inches for the LSV and higher amounts

Toward State College and Altoona. Over 40 of the 51 ensemble members showed 3 inches+ across the LSV by next Tuesday night . Almost half of the 51 members showed near 6 inches or more by next Tuesday night for all of the CTP region.

Some off you really need to look at some cams out west. Ski slopes closed due to insufficient snow etc etc. while we feel somewhat jipped it could have been so much worse. Our "wasted cold" had largely supported some less than stellar events and has at least kept if feeling wintry round here. I can't wait for spring just to hear the wining stop. Honestly. This is coming from a guy that is probably in one of the least snowiest part of the state right now. Wishing for warmth ain't gonna make it warm just like wishing for snow doesn't make the ground white. I beg you to give us the last few weeks already. Thx.

12z Euro Ensemble mean looks really good for early next week.

The mean showed around 4 inches for the LSV and higher amounts

Toward State College and Altoona. Over 40 of the 51 ensemble members showed 3 inches+ across the LSV by next Tuesday night . Almost half of the 51 members showed near 6 inches or more by next Tuesday night for all of the CTP region.

I can't tell you how much snow the D6-7 ECM has given my area this winter...ignore it

I can't tell you how much snow the D6-7 ECM has given my area this winter...ignore it

I know what you mean. We probably have more than 100 inches of Euro modeled snow from 7 to 10 days out this season. Still, most of us are near to above climo snow to date, and I think we have a shot to score at least a few inches out of 1 of these waves early next week.

NAM looks to wanna give us a lil snow on Friday. And Tuesday/Wednesday looks to be a small event as well 2-3"

It sure has been an interesting winter regarding the models.  I cant remember if they have "locked in" to any storm this year.  Thank goodness we dont get paid to put out forecasts.  

Anxious to see what the weekend storm ends up as, as it has been advertised for some time.  This -EPO has been a savings grace.  As we are getting to the backend of winter, I hope we can eek out a couple more weeks before the switch...then i'll be ready.  

Nut

I was pretty shocked to see my low of 5.0 degrees this morning.  There must have been way less cloud cover than was expected, so we all got to radiate again.  My winds were calm the entire night.  I am guessing that temps will be below ten before midnight tomorrow night which would add another single-digit low to my records.

So they blew the morning lows and look to be doing the same thing to the highs for today.  I'm already up to 39 degrees.

It is beyond gorgeous outside. 37 here in Millersville. I'm not even going to mention anything regarding the Euro run. Looks too weenie for me right now. Over doing QPF is something the Euro loves to do. That being said, the period does seem interesting for some wintery precip. Snow/Sleet/Freezing Rain is the question. Freezing rain would be an anomaly for March unless it's at night due to the sun. Would need one heck of an arctic airmass to overcome it, so that's probably unlikely. We shall see

Archived