joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, the mean temperature at State College for DJF was 24.97 F. Last year it was 24.98 F. I guess that's why they carry it to the hundredth place.

Hoping for at least an 1" today... I must admit to being unimpressed with this storm thus far.

Neat. Lots of people are saying this winter feels way colder than last winter. I imagine due to a focus on February and the frequent subzero lows and brutal highs in the single digits.

Fresh half inch or so out there. At least it's covering up the brown crap on the sides of the roads. I can't imagine it'll add up too much more once it warms a bit when we get into the afternoon.

Light snow in Myerstown, Lebanon County. 21 degrees. A few tenths of an inch down so far. I think the March sun should have roads clear for my drive back to Bellefonte later.

My one and only forecast:

State College/Bellefonte: 3" little or no mix

Harrisburg/York/Carlisle/Lancaster: 2-3" some ice

Lebanon/Schuylkill Counties: 3-4" little mixing

Lewistown/Selinsgrove/Williamsport: 2" little or no mixing

Altoona/Clearfield: 4-5" little or no mix

Thoughts for later on MAG? I know we were really only progged for light stuff the first half of this.

Yea I think the better stuff will come in this afternoon, and perhaps more towards the late afternoon for you. RAP (and HRRR when it was recent) seemed to have that initial push of light stuff and then regroups a bit and pushes more solid precip across the state. It does appear the models that had that minimum of QPF in south-central PA is going to come to fruition as precip eventually lingers in western PA while the rest of it solidifies with the weak low developing as it hits the coast. I'm thinking general 2-3" for your area.. maybe with a little luck can get to 4" or so. I think the western half of the state is going to have the advantage on widespread 4-7" amounts. 

Archived