joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately the transition to sleet has hit me.  About 60/40 snow/sleet.  I just measured 1.8" of snow and it melted down to 0.16" for a ratio of 11:1.  Temp at 26.8.  Ho-hum...another 2" snowstorm for me.  I've lost count of how many of them I've had but I know it's definitely over 6 this season.

snow is really coming down in Altoona.  Im almost at 3.25". Best rates Ive seen in quite a while. 28 degrees

Send it up this way! We've been getting very light snow for about an hour, the kinda stuff that won't really accumulate. It's interesting how the radar's been consistently showing similar (light) returns up here and the snow rate has varied so widely.

And to make things worse, a certain forum which shan't be named is on pace to see a 6" event...the complainers win again.

Amazing isn't it? We can't win for losing out here. I can't believe how poorly this area has done snowfall wise over the past few years. And it doesn't even matter the set-up. Somehow, someway, the I-95 corridor is going to see the heaviest precipitation.

Amazing isn't it? We can't win for losing out here. I can't believe how poorly this area has done snowfall wise over the past few years. And it doesn't even matter the set-up. Somehow, someway, the I-95 corridor is going to see the heaviest precipitation.

Bernie Rayno's 4pm video said around 7 tonight the warm air rushes into NYC NNJ LI and they change to sleet.  He said 3-6 for them. He also said snow is down in Hagerstown Harrisburg Southern PA....can anyone verify this??  He said 2-3 for State College. Pittsburgh north a solid 6 plus

Bernie Rayno's 4pm video said around 7 tonight the warm air rushes into NYC NNJ LI and they change to sleet. He said 3-6 for them. He also said snow is down in Hagerstown Harrisburg Southern PA....can anyone verify this?? He said 2-3 for State College. Pittsburgh north a solid 6 plus

I think Sauss and Carlisle said they had sleet.

Archived