joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The AWT trend to colder obs thread 02/21-02/22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That dryslot will fill in from south to north I think. We aren't talking 8-12" here folks. It's mostly a 2-6" deal for many depending on where you live. Some will get a couple more perhaps in CT.

But Scoooottttt everything else overperformed. We're spoiled. Sate us.

Really thought we'd see a period of moderate snow this afternoon.  Maybe pick up 2 or 3 inches... especially in the higher elevations.  It's been so difficult to get heavy snow this winter.  Don't think we've reported any at all.  Maybe briefly for the Thanksgiving storm.  It's the winter of -SN out here.

Agree. Maybe had 2-3 hours of Hvy Snow all winter. It's been a lot of -SN and less SN. Those nickels and dimes still add up to 91.5" for the season though.

Agree. Maybe had 2-3 hours of Hvy Snow all winter. It's been a lot of -SN and less SN. Those nickels and dimes still add up to 91.5" for the season though.

Yeah it has really added up.  I think ALB is at around 70", which is really solid.  And still a month or so left.  No blockbusters though.

Hey MPM..how's your ""regional radar dry slot" looking? 

:lol:

Send it up here---most of our flakes have been crap.  Good intensity though.

Looks like I'll be in the heavy stuff for a while longer.

God-awful hole in the precip going 2/3 of the way the length of PA.   Extrapolating width-wise, it looks like it bisects Kevin's yard on the south to Hanover, NH  on the north.  If that doesn't fill, that's a huge screw job for some folks.

SN

The system's moving in the exact motion I described and that the regional radar depicted.

Don't confuse radar filling in with trajectory of a system.  Hopefully it'll continue to fill lest it still comes and bites you in the ass.

:weenie:

32.7/30 - Very light snow with rain starting to mix in.  Very light see wind. 

Coating of snow.

No wet bulging during the heavier precip earlier.  Just a slow but steady rise in temp and dew.

Looks like the mix with rain is about 4 hours ahead of schedule. 

Can someone Please explain how BOX came out it's 4PM package and had me at 4-6.

ALL of a Sudden, they came out with a new map somewhere in the past 30 minutes or so and I'm in 2-3!?!?!?!?!?!?

What did some 15z model of secrecy come out that shows my totals needed to be Immidiately cut in Half after 3 days of good trends??

Can someone Please explain how BOX came out it's 4PM package and had me at 4-6.

ALL of a Sudden, they came out with a new map somewhere in the past 30 minutes or so and I'm in 2-3!?!?!?!?!?!?

What did some 15z model of secrecy come out that shows my totals needed to be Immidiately cut in Half after 3 days of good trends??

We were never in the 4-6. We were in the 3-4, the lightest teal color. It's just that much of a storm, never was. But hey, it's snowing! Again.

Archived