• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The AWT trend to colder obs thread 02/21-02/22

Damage In Tolland

Oh I believe that your instrumentation said 35.7F and that it works fine. I just think your digital thermometer might be in a bad spot to see actual daytime temperatures. 

We've already been over that realization years ago. It's not something Kevin is fond of discussing, so we rarely bring it up these days. I just believe the readings are biased a touch cold.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

13 of those are at or below 6" and 7 are above 6". Not a perfect forecast but it wasn't something I'm going to beat myself up over. We were more bullish than any other outlets or NWS for metro New Haven and we did well there. 

Compared to what the others had, you and I did well(We had the same forecast except I had a little stripe of 4-8" far NW). Should northern Tolland/Windham have been 4-8, probably, but I don't think the public cares that much if they got 7" off a 3-6" forecast. 7" off of 1-2/1-3(which is what quite a few others had for southern areas) is a much bigger differential I think and I'm glad I didn't fall prey to that.

Compared to what the others had, you and I did well(We had the same forecast except I had a little stripe of 4-8" far NW). Could northern Tolland/Windham been 4-8, probably, but I don't think the public cares that much if they got 7" off a 3-6" forecast. 7" off of 1-2/1-3(which is what quite a few others had for southern areas) is a much bigger differential I think.

don't think anyone besides us cares if they got 3 or 7

What was good for us fetish pack folks is the softening on top today and then refreeze for the next 7 days helps sustain and lock a bit .

just came in ,crusty top already, all paths iced up

yup.

Brief 7 or so hour mini-torch, and with last night brief bit of rain added to the pack we can solidify that sucker through the beginning of March.

Archived