12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The AWT trend to colder obs thread 02/21-02/22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder, how much melting/compacting will happen to 10:1 ratio snow of 7 to 8 inches of snow in temperatures in the upper 30s and low 40s away from paved surfaces today. I'm thinking 3 inches total. Does that sound about right to you guys? Would love to see what the snow depth measurements from codfish and leesun are for tonight after we drop below freezing again. I saw codfish with 25" otg but leesun I don't know what you had for depth after the snow ended. Keep us posted.

I'm just going to leave this right here.... ASOUT...

CLIMATE REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
433 PM EST SUN FEB 22 2015

...THE HARTFORD CT CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR FEBRUARY 22 2015...
VALID AS OF 0400 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1981 TO 2010
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1904 TO 2015

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR
NORMAL
TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 42 119 PM 69 1997 40 2 51 

The BDL area saw anywhere from 6 to 8 inches and 2" of that will melt/compact at the end of the day, so the snow depth looks to settle to at or just above 24". Hopefully it is still like that when I get back from Florida. i want to measure my depth the minute I get home on Wednesday. 

Yeah about 70% of those are above 6. 4-8 would have worked much better . People are watching. Not just us weenies . As I'm sure you know

lol

13 of those are at or below 6" and 7 are above 6". Not a perfect forecast but it wasn't something I'm going to beat myself up over. We were more bullish than any other outlets or NWS for metro New Haven and we did well there. 

Well tbh I don't really care if you think its possible or not. It's what my high was . 36 degrees

Oh I believe that your instrumentation said 35.7F and that it works fine. I just think your digital thermometer might be in a bad spot to see actual daytime temperatures. 

Archived