12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The AWT trend to colder obs thread 02/21-02/22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

89.25" Season = 5th ALL-TIME, 1947-1948 is next.

50.25" February = 2nd Snowiest February ever, behind Feb. 1969, Beats The Blizzard of 1978 (only storm).

81" Last 30 Days = Need to do more detailed research but Probably Record.

85" Jan. / Feb. = Greatest 2 Month Total EVER, Beats 1977-1978 with 84".

50.25" Month = 3rd All-Time Behind Month Feb. 1969 (61") & Jan. 2005 (55").

6.7" final here. Now I await the 20"-er to close this winter out.

I've lived through numerous blizzards... 92, 93, 96 and several others in the early 2000s in the mid-Hudson Valley of NY.  I lived in Boston for 5 years in the early 2000s.  I was in Westchester Co for the Feb 2006 storm that set NYC's snowfall record.  And I've spent 5 years living in and around ALB.  I've NEVER seen a 20" snowstorm outside of my 6 months living in Utah.  I consider a storm of that magnitude to be a rare and unique event.  I know your comment was probably tongue in cheek, bit some of the younger posters might not yet appreciate what they've experienced.

HV max was 18" on several occasions.

ALB max was 15"

Boston max was 16"

Beat me again - had 2.8" on 0.19" LE. Temps in teens all night, slipped to just under 10 at 7 AM. Weak storm (here) so not much chance of warmup. Forecast for this afternoon is mid-30s; maybe if the late Feb sun gets a chance to work.

I have been nickel dimeing you pretty steady this season, A lot of this years systems have hit the coast and coastal plain with more frequency then past years

I've lived through numerous blizzards... 92, 93, 96 and several others in the early 2000s in the mid-Hudson Valley of NY.  I lived in Boston for 5 years in the early 2000s.  I was in Westchester Co for the Feb 2006 storm that set NYC's snowfall record.  And I've spent 5 years living in and around ALB.  I've NEVER seen a 20" snowstorm outside of my 6 months living in Utah.  I consider a storm of that magnitude to be a rare and unique event.  I know your comment was probably tongue in cheek, bit some of the younger posters might not yet appreciate what they've experienced.

HV max was 18" on several occasions.

ALB max was 15"

Boston max was 16"

I thought Boston had 27 from pd2?...ive only seen one legit storm over 20 inches and that was Feb 13....seen 16 to 19 several times... some of that is the fault of my locale being a min area... unfortunately some was bad timing as I grew up in Bristol ct and after I moved to spfd in 2004 Bristol had three two foot or better events!!

ALB reported .09 liquid over 10 hours.  Total screw job.  Worst underperformer in a year of underperformers.  Old snow blowing onto roads made it seem worse... and made people overestimate the new accumulations.  Several hi-res models actually nailed this area, so a win for meso modeling.  Western, northern, and northeastern suburbs did pretty well - generally 5 - 10... also pretty well modeled. Pretty meager to the east in the Taconics... actually lost a few inches of snowpack since Friday.  I thought we'd do better at elevation on the western slopes.

A bit of a bust here too although not as bad as ALB. 3.5" here. I thought the highest totals would be further west in the Taconics, Rensselaer Plateau area, instead they were in the southern Greens.

I thought Boston had 27 from pd2?...ive only seen one legit storm over 20 inches and that was Feb 13....seen 16 to 19 several times... some of that is the fault of my locale being a min area... unfortunately some was bad timing as I grew up in Bristol ct and after I moved to spfd in 2004 Bristol had three two foot or better events!!

Yeah timing is key.  I was away from Boston on vacation for PD2.  I returned the next day and measured about 12 - 14" in Cambridge.  Maybe there was a lot of compacting.  I consider the Logan total from that storm very suspect.  But I wasn't there.

no way would I call this a bust at all,don't know what Bob ended up with but not a bust

The 18z RGEM was a total bust in ENY and SVT.  Saratoga Region and southern Greens got hit pretty good.  Widespread 6-10.  ALB got a dusting.  From memory, I believe the 12z RGEM from yesterday was much better locally.

A bit of a bust here too although not as bad as ALB. 3.5" here. I thought the highest totals would be further west in the Taconics, Rensselaer Plateau area, instead they were in the southern Greens.

Yeah the radar was interesting all day yesterday.  Looked like localized downsloping through the valley and right into the Rens. Plateau area where I am.  And then the radar blossomed 15 miles north of me along the western slopes of the Greens.  Similar elevations just slightly different latitude.  The meso effects continued from the beginning to the end of the event.  Sorry you didn't do better.  I would have guessed 5 for you easily.

Archived