Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The AWT trend to colder obs thread 02/21-02/22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you're disappointed and it "seems" to be underperforming but the BOX snow map seems to be just about perfect at the moment.  Models hinted at the rain snow line filling in along the coastal plain for a few days now.  At least this wasn't the low that was projected to do Buffalo to Portland a few days ago.  The boundary layer was tricky business...

Well, 4-6" maybe a bit high for this area...

East of 91 or like se mass east?

Mainly East of 91 looks like the rain snow collapses down pretty good. The precipitation dies down around 2 Am but than another wave pushes up from the SW and most of central and especially eastern ct into RI and eastern mass get a final band for a few hours more hours as depicted by those models .

Getting kind of sick of these local underperformers. I know some of you eastern guys got a bit unlucky with some rain tonight... but you don't know how good you've had it. Can't buy an hour of moderate snow this year. I almost forget what heavy snow looks like.

You'll get yours eventually while eastern areas regress.

At the base of Mt. Snow-eyeballing it looks like 7 or 8 inches new.

Sweet.  Must have been some pretty heavy snow considering the duration.  I'm not too far away and at a similar elevation... and I'm eyeballing about 2", half of which blew off the roof.  I think here in the "Rensselaer Plateau" we got downsloped some off the Catskills.  I've seen that a couple times this year.  We can get upslope and downslope depending on the low level winds.

Sweet. Must have been some pretty heavy snow considering the duration. I'm not too far away and at a similar elevation... and I'm eyeballing about 2", half of which blew off the roof. I think here in the "Rensselaer Plateau" we got downsloped some off the Catskills. I've seen that a couple times this year. We can get upslope and downslope depending on the low level winds.

Are you in downtown or on outskirts...what's your elevation?

Getting kind of sick of these local underperformers.  I know some of you eastern guys got a bit unlucky with some rain tonight... but you don't know how good you've had it.  Can't buy an hour of moderate snow this year.  I almost forget what heavy snow looks like.

Isn't that just the nature of the beast of that area for these sorts of events? Had the distinct displeasure of growing up in Clifton Park, and the valley didn't make for fireworks a lot of the time. Still lots of time to get a later season snow, I think the reason those in sene are disproportionately disappointed is that later in the season brings ptype problems and less wiggle room for success. Plus... It's never enough.

I went out to shovel as the rain started mixing in. That said it seems like the rain line may sink south so we may get 100.

Yeah looks like it's waivering, seeing more westerly winds showing up too Hopkington, Framingham, etc.

Mix may not make it to Lexington / Woburn, and we flip back I think in few hours

What a fugly way to break 100 after a spectacular month

Are you in downtown or on outskirts...what's your elevation?

I recently moved out of the City of Albany... up into the Taconics towards the Mass border, at 1400ft.  It's much colder and snowier here than in ALB, which is only about 25 minutes west.  But this just hasn't been a good year to take advantage of the elevation around here.

Getting kind of sick of these local underperformers.  I know some of you eastern guys got a bit unlucky with some rain tonight... but you don't know how good you've had it.  Can't buy an hour of moderate snow this year.  I almost forget what heavy snow looks like.

If you're a snow pack person this rain is just what the doctor ordered on top of a couple inches of snow, its going to freeze up nicely during this next cold spell.

I expect a solid march, it's the weenie in me but I think one big one that rides the winter off into the sunset Is in the cards.

Don't forget, there is a big seasonal transition that takes place midway through March....we no longer need an epic pattern.

The wavelengths start to shorten, and it's all about getting a bowling ball positioned well.

Frankly, I'd be stunned it this season didn't provide a blue-tinted cement bomb between not and the second week of April, or so....

Don't forget, there is a big seasonal transition that takes place midway through March....we no longer need an epic pattern.

The wavelengths start to shorten, and it's all about getting a bowling ball positioned well.

Frankly, I'd be stunned it this season didn't provide a blue-tinted cement bomb between not and the second week of April, or so....

I think so too.  I'm just a little worried about a wholescale pattern shift towards a western trof.  It has to happen sometime.

If you're a snow pack person this rain is just what the doctor ordered on top of a couple inches of snow, its going to freeze up nicely during this next cold spell.

I like memorable events much more than snowpack.  This winter has not had anything memorable locally... not even an impressive arctic snowsquall.

I like memorable events much more than snowpack.  This winter has not had anything memorable locally... not even an impressive arctic snowsquall.

The heaviest snow I've seen here this year was from a localized mohawk-hudson convergence band, other than that I agree this hasn't been a very memorable winter in these parts.

Archived