joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of convective precip with this. Definitely not a straightforward system. 12/8/13 was similar to this. We got the deathband on that one. I think the same thing will happen with this one, somebody will get 10" and somebody will get screwed.

Boston Strong

I know this is almost pointless now, but since we're in between runs, ensembles continue to trend colder Sunday morning, except for 12Z earlier today. http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&CONT=namk&MODELL=gefs&MODELLTYP=2&VAR=tmp2&WMO=72503&ZOOM=0&RES=0&PERIOD=&PANEL=0&ARCHIV=0&BASE=201502201800%26HH%3D42

Not sure how useful they are at this point...but they are unanimously warmer at 850 than the op at 0z tomorrow night

Enthusiastic sarcasm is promising :thumbsup:

I look at this storm as a gift. It's a terrible setup. If the antecedent airmass wasn't record breaking and just departing we would get 3 seconds of snow/sleet at best and a whole lotta cold rain. South surface flow and ripping south midlevel flow almost never gives us measurable snow. Anyone who can measure 2" or more should consider this an unusual victory.

Our typical front end thumps have cad and damming. This one is scouring. And somehow it's finding a way to snow. My over under is 2-3 inches. Less would disappoint and more is victory. In between is what I expect.

A merger of the bad NAM run from earlier and the bad GFS run from now?

This post makes as much sense to me as your claim that there would be 45 minute wait lines at Canaan last weekend. Our max wait was about 45 seconds BTW.

My comment was suggesting that I think the main precip band will probably end up between where the NAM and GFS have it.

Archived