Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As early as hour 30 you can see the changes on the Euro with regard to the system for tommorrow tracking further West. It's helping to pump up heights to the North of the track and enhance the Western Atlantic ridge even more. Still early but you can already see what looks to be a shift towards a less progressive solution.

Agreed..just was fun to see if folks would think it was right. Back to the GGEM being useless it seems

Kev I don't usually do this, but I have a new Facebook blog and could use some 'likes'...so I will make you this bet. All 8 CT ASOS stations hit at least 34 during the storm this weekend. If they do, you pimp my blog on your Facebook and Twitter. If even one fails to hit 34, I will personally deliver a 12-pk of a beer of your choice (assuming its locally available) to your front door.

edit: Just to be clear that's BDL, HFD, IJD, MMK, DXR, BDR, HVN, GON

Kev I don't usually do this, but I have a new Facebook blog and could use some 'likes'...so I will make you this bet. All 8 CT ASOS stations hit at least 34 during the storm this weekend. If they do, you pimp my blog on your Facebook and Twitter. If even one fails to hit 34, I will personally deliver a 12-pk of a beer of your choice (assuming its locally available) to your front door.

Zima is his drink of choice.  

Maybe I'll go out on my snowshoes on Friday to get some pictures of the woods with nearly four feet of snow.... after that we go to the long  and slow (I hope for the sake of us all) process of the meltdown.

By the way, why is Accuweather the only one that has ORH into the mid 40's on Sunday? Weatherunderground and NWS still have us in the mid thirties with mostly frozen precip!

How long do you think it will take them to come on board with the Canadian and the Euro?

That's a good bet for both sides....will likely be close either way

We are 4 days out in the model world. As we all are fully aware,, modeling does a terrible job of underestimating low level cold and tries blasting warm air way north of where it ends up. If it was Dec or we had no snow cover or the water was warmer..i would have no trouble buying these torch ideas.. 

I will stand by this..It will end secondarying somewhere near or south of E LI..and track over the far outer Cape or just offshore. 

I see a 3-6 front end type deal in SNE that goes to ice inland and turns back to snow on Monday. I think the hype of buildings coming down, and vehicles flash freezing on highways while driving is being way way overdone.

This will end up a few hours above freezing on tha coast and probably not sniffing above 32 inland

Before anyone can finalize their torch wire to wire rain to Maine ideas..you've got to see how the models handle the press of fresh arctic air coming in on Friday. Until they get a handle on that(numbers are still coming down BTW) they are not going to be able to resolve this. Seeing a few runs with a weak low over NY state doesn't change my thinking.. not yet anyway

Archived