12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the Euro verified, it would be very difficult to get to 50F pretty much anywhere NW of I-95 from CT to ME. While I'm not fully buying the torch idea, I'm not sure that many areas don't go over to plain rain. Probably most of, if not all of SNE, if I had to place bets now.

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION
NWS WEATHER PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD
1046 AM EST WED FEB 18 2015

VALID 12Z SAT FEB 21 2015 - 12Z WED FEB 25 2015

RELIED ON THE FASTER, FLATTER GUIDANCE OVER THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AT THE MEDIUM RANGE THIS FORECAST PACKAGE, WITH DEFERENCE TO THE PRIMACY OF COLD AIR. MUCH AS THE MODELS THIS TIME LAST WEEK
WERE WONT TO LIFT THE CURTAIN OF ARCTIC AIR IN THE EAST TO ALLOW A SURFACE LOW TO PASS WEST OF THE APPALACHIANS FOR THE TIME FRAME VERIFYING YESTERDAY AND TODAY--WITH A FLATTER, COLDER WAVE THE
REALITY--BELIEVE THAT A SIMILAR ISSUE EXISTS FOR THE WAVE CROSSING THE EAST THIS SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY.
LEANED ON THE MSC MEAN--CANADIAN ENSEMBLE MEAN--AS A SYNOPTIC GUIDE FOR THE NATION
THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD. A TEMPORARY DIP IN THE JET OVER THE WESTERN STATES WILL HELP TO URGE THE CLOSED LOW WEST OF BAJA NORTHWARD--THE EFFECTS OF BOTH SYSTEMS PRODUCING PRECIPITATION FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO THE CENTRAL HIGH PLAINS. ONCE THE ENERGY OVER THE SOUTHWEST ROCKETS EAST-NORTHEASTWARD NEXT TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY, ANOTHER OVERRUNNING EVENT OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION
IS POSSIBLE FOR PARTS OF THE DEEP SOUTH, WITH MORE SNOW POSSIBLE OVER THE PIEDMONT AND ENTIRE ATLANTIC COASTAL PLAIN NORTH OF THE CAROLINAS.

CISCO

Heh, good test incoming for Cisco.   Although, in his defense, I was thinking about this myself... 

From RFHPSU

As for what will happen with this storm I think odds favor a weaker storm (more like the GFS) which would bring a period of snow followed by icing with temperatures in the low to mid 30s. Ground temperatures are cold enough that ice would be an issue on the roads. Most of the GFS ensemble members show this kind of scenario.

odds.gif?w=584&h=467

Bottom line – watch forecasts for this weekend closely. A bit of snow, ice, and rain all appear likely. Hopefully we can avoid getting a big thaw in here – a more gradual thaw is definitely preferable!

We are 4 days out in the model world. As we all are fully aware,, modeling does a terrible job of underestimating low level cold and tries blasting warm air way north of where it ends up. If it was Dec or we had no snow cover or the water was warmer..i would have no trouble buying these torch ideas.. 

I will stand by this..It will end secondarying somewhere near or south of E LI..and track over the far outer Cape or just offshore. 

I see a 3-6 front end type deal in SNE that goes to ice inland and turns back to snow on Monday. I think the hype of buildings coming down, and vehicles flash freezing on highways while driving is being way way overdone.

This will end up a few hours above freezing on tha coast and probably not sniffing above 32 inland

So does that mean you're taking the bet? Or are you rejecting it out of pity for me that I don't have a clue? I will say that I've got no problem eating crow should I be wrong on this.

EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION

NWS WEATHER PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD

1046 AM EST WED FEB 18 2015

VALID 12Z SAT FEB 21 2015 - 12Z WED FEB 25 2015

RELIED ON THE FASTER, FLATTER GUIDANCE OVER THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AT THE MEDIUM RANGE THIS FORECAST PACKAGE, WITH DEFERENCE TO THE PRIMACY OF COLD AIR. MUCH AS THE MODELS THIS TIME LAST WEEK

WERE WONT TO LIFT THE CURTAIN OF ARCTIC AIR IN THE EAST TO ALLOW A SURFACE LOW TO PASS WEST OF THE APPALACHIANS FOR THE TIME FRAME VERIFYING YESTERDAY AND TODAY--WITH A FLATTER, COLDER WAVE THE

REALITY--BELIEVE THAT A SIMILAR ISSUE EXISTS FOR THE WAVE CROSSING THE EAST THIS SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. LEANED ON THE MSC MEAN--CANADIAN ENSEMBLE MEAN--AS A SYNOPTIC GUIDE FOR THE NATION

THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD. A TEMPORARY DIP IN THE JET OVER THE WESTERN STATES WILL HELP TO URGE THE CLOSED LOW WEST OF BAJA NORTHWARD--THE EFFECTS OF BOTH SYSTEMS PRODUCING PRECIPITATION FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO THE CENTRAL HIGH PLAINS. ONCE THE ENERGY OVER THE SOUTHWEST ROCKETS EAST-NORTHEASTWARD NEXT TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY, ANOTHER OVERRUNNING EVENT OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION

IS POSSIBLE FOR PARTS OF THE DEEP SOUTH, WITH MORE SNOW POSSIBLE OVER THE PIEDMONT AND ENTIRE ATLANTIC COASTAL PLAIN NORTH OF THE CAROLINAS.

CISCO

Heh, good test incoming for Cisco.   Although, in his defense, I was thinking about this myself... 

People seem to be forgetting this week's storm  was modeled to be an inland runner 4-5 days out. 

So does that mean you're taking the bet? Or are you rejecting it out of pity for me that I don't have a clue? I will say that I've got no problem eating crow should I be wrong on this.

I'm not sure what the bet was since people were talking about a drink that hasn't been in existence for 15+ years, but sure we can make a friendly wager. I have a hard  time believing BDL ,HFD torch to 34

I'm not sure what the bet was since people were talking about a drink that hasn't been in existence for 15+ years, but sure we can make a friendly wager. I have a hard  time believing BDL ,HFD torch to 34

If all 8 major CT climo stations reach at least 34 degrees this weekend, you pimp my blog on FB and Twitter. I was offering a 12-pack of beer if any site fails to reach 34...but it can really be any beverage of your choosing.

If all 8 major CT climo stations reach at least 34 degrees this weekend, you pimp my blog on FB and Twitter. I was offering a 12-pack of beer if any site fails to reach 34...but it can really be any beverage of your choosing.

lol into thinking that by aligning with Kevin = connecting with some super social magnet whose very presence will spread the word to millions.

I will like your FB page for zero beers.  Tell me how to find it.

Archived