Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claiming no more nor'easters after last week is plain stupid. Look at the pattern still coming up. Gimme a break. Not to mention the 1-2' coastal Maine will get...oh but I bet he saw that coming too and knew. :facepalm:

Yeah he gambled and he won. I'm just saying that he's likely going to be correct in the eyes of viewers... And that's all that really matters.

Doubtful.  It's an outlier right now compared to the GFS/Euro and it's made a wild swing from a huge snowstorm to a driving rainstorm now in one days runs.  I would toss it.

I agree. 

Terrible continuity.

Now, if the EURO bites on that, as well....then it becomes food for thought.

I'd say if next week doesn't come together he won the climo gamble. I'm assuming pipeline means 1-2 weeks. It's all just semantics, I didn't mean much by my comment :lol:

It's not climo, it's dumb. March is known for nor'easters..nevermind mid Feb. Just another insane comment from him. Like his black ice for the Dec 2008 icestorm. He's lucky he wasn't fired for that one. Or my 18" of washed away in March 2013. It looks active going forward one way or another.

He was right, there wasn't another nor easter in the pipeline. I don't think that implies through March.

Unless of course this trends well south and redevelops  lol

This is kind of what I was saying yesterday. 

We are out of the rapid fire snow blitz.

There was come disparity amongst perceptions of what exactly he said/meant, though.

All good things must come to an end. Hopefully it's not an abrupt end. Would really suck since all the snow we've got is mostly fluff.

Nobody wants a quick end, except that Jeb guy in the mid-atlantic.  I really don't want to see it end, but I have to be ready for it.  I would love to see us end on a March 1993 superstorm note, except all snow for everyone, including no taint in the R.I. areas that accompanied that one.  Then, over the next few weeks, slow melt, and a few quick spots of snow through mid April.

I have come to terms with the end being close...retreating in solitude to my place in the forest.  My mind and soul are ready.  Now it is time to prepare my body for the journey home.

It's not climo, it's dumb. March is known for nor'easters..nevermind mid Feb. Just another insane comment from him. Like his black ice for the Dec 2008 icestorm. He's lucky he wasn't fired for that one. Or my 18" of washed away in March 2013. It looks active going forward one way or another.

A little harsh, lol? He likely meant what most meant, there won't be the same parade of major storms going forward.

Does it really matter how it snows? Public won't know or care if its a noreaster/swfe/norlun, snow is snow at this point.

A little harsh, lol? He likely meant what most meant, there won't be the same parade of major storms going forward.

Then state that. People hear no more nor'eaatwrs and think no snow. It doesn't take a Paul Kocin to say we are probably done getting a 2' storm every week. Duh. But saying no nor'easters in my mind just isn't responsible. He just always does this stuff. It bothers me.

Then state that. People hear no more nor'eaatwrs and think no snow. It doesn't take a Paul Kocin to say we are probably done getting a 2' storm every week. Duh. But saying no nor'easters in my mind just isn't responsible. He just always does this stuff. It bothers me.

I know what you mean. Sometimes these guys get on and feel invincible and make definitive statements when it should probably be left open.

I just think he chose his words poorly...like I said, most people won't pick up on that. 

I think he just meant that the parade of snowpocalypse nor 'easters was over (for now, at least).

Without being dubbed too much of a snow weenie in the NYC forum, if that pig of a high pressure coming down west of the lakes is as strong as forecast (GFS model), wouldn't that prevent a wound-up cutter and force the storm east? I know the WAR is modeled stronger than the last few systems, so this probably coming up the front side of the Apps, but just curious. Being in North Jersey I am hopeful for you guys to set records for the winter season.

Archived